Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On the trailer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
Tomorrow morning taking the 73 to the painter smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

White now but she's coming back signal orange.

After owning this tub for 2 years I'm finally going to get the re-assembly process started.
jonwatts
What's taken you so long?
biosurfer1
in that condition, what price did the painter want to paint it? is it already prep'd?
Aaron Cox
yeah, looks like you got your hands full!
Doug Leggins
Right now we are at $3500. He is going to media blast and chemical strip the tub. he will also do some welding - fill AC line holes, replacement rear hinge brackets and couple of other small areas to weld. Very, very little rust repair to do on this tub.

Most other painters that I talked to were at a minimum of $4000 and most would have likely ended at about $5500.
Doug Leggins
yeah, looks like you got your hands full!

Yes, I have to admit too many projects! I am also trying to complete a 1300 sq ft addition to my house sometime soon.

I have decided to sell at least 2 of the other 914's. The tangerine car is nearly complete but good for parts only -suspension console trouble. The signal orange car is pretty good mechanically but has too much additional steel and bondo. The green one is a recent purchase just because the tub is in very good shape.
seanery
looks like fun Doug!

I can't wait to see the finished product.

Did you get a package from me?
Doug Leggins
The tub is at the painters mueba.gif

4 guys lifting/carrying and 1 guy with a big sledge hammer to persuade the rotisserie to go together and she is now safely in the painters shop. If all goes well I'll be bringing back a signal orange roller in a couple of months.

I'm planning on getting the front and rear suspension ready to bolt on at the painter's shop after he has the paint finished. I'm really trying to avoid having to carry this car around after the paint is on. 2 guys can move around a roller pretty easy. I've found that it takes at least 5 guys to relatively easily move a tub around and get it on/off of the rotisserie.

Sean - yes I received the package - thx
kafermeister
Looks nice Doug. You *will* post pics of the progress.....right? rolleyes.gif

Looks like you also have your share of projects. ...got any fenders/quarters? laugh.gif

Rick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.