Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car lifts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
OK I know this has been talked about here before
but I didn't see this lift mentioned before. Has any
one used "kwiklift" before. I think this, or something
like it would be perfect for what I would use it for.
Mainly oil changes, work on the teener, simple home
mechanic stuff. Check out the website at:
www.kwiklift.com I think the 5000lb unit is what I
would get. I just don't like using jackstands and I
like the fact that this lift is portable plus I have the
room for it.

What do you all think??

- Garold
GWN7
I think for a few extra $$ I'd go with THIS one. Easier to work under.
Joe Bob
I bought a 7,000 lbs four post lift from the Geramn Auotfest....$2500 USD delivered and set up.
Joe Bob
Soon as the roof and the rest of the garage is done....I might be able to use it.....
GWN7
Shelves? wink.gif
Malmz
I was going to say, excellent use of the lift! laugh.gif Do you use your rollaway for laundry too?
MarkV
Sheetrock ?
Joe Bob
You guys are a lotta help.....YOU try and get this done on weekends, refing soccer, three kids and two dogs with intermediate help.....geez..... ar15.gif

After today, the roofing should be done.....between rain storms......THEN I can get in and wire the boxes and supply power....THEN I gotta get the asshole CIty Inspector up here....THEN I can drywall.....

BTW, the stuff is on the lift because the rain and the leaks from no roof......everyone KNOWS it never rains here until February...... blink.gif
rick 918-S
I hate those cheap car lifts. They take up room, you can't work on anything under car because of all the lifting junk and rams and hoses. Waste of money if you ask me. Save you money and get one like Mikey's.
Mark Henry
Phone around to a bunch of lift installers. Some times they will have a used lift that they will install for half the price of new.
GWN7
MikeZ,

thought you were just washing the floor. If I was closer I'd load up my nailers and help you get the roof on. Could even pull some wire. burnout.gif
zeppelin71
Wow - mikez, that is a great setup for $2500 - can you park another car underneath? Also - I can't really tell from the picture, but the floor does look like it doesn't have much space to work on the car from underneath. Can you work from underneath, or is this just a make parking-space device. Great regardless,

cheers,
Markus
Red-Beard
What about this one?

http://www.americasprideonline.com/FrameIn...26SortMan%3Dyes

$2,195 or $2,495 for the one which fits an SUV.

James
GaroldShaffer
hate those cheap car lifts. They take up room, you can't work on anything under car because of all the lifting junk and rams and hoses. Waste of money if you ask me. Save you money and get one like Mikey's

What I like about this one is there are no hoses and stuff.
All you need is a car jack to lift it with. Its portable, you can
adjust the width and lenght of it. I like Mike's but I don't
want to have a permanent one.

- Garold
Mark Henry
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Nov 9 2003, 06:33 PM)
hate those cheap car lifts. They take up room, you can't work on anything under car because of all the lifting junk and rams and hoses. Waste of money if you ask me. Save you money and get one like Mikey's

What I like about this one is there are no hoses and stuff.
All you need is a car jack to lift it with. Its portable, you can
adjust the width and lenght of it. I like Mike's but I don't
want to have a permanent one.

- Garold

When you give a web site addy, put it by itself and it becomes a link, like this:

http://www.kwiklift.com/

This is the one he's talking about, kind of pricey for glorified ramps IMHO.
Joe Bob
I have a 12 foot ceiling.....16x9 foot opening. I can fit two Porsche's on top of each other.....for some reason sticking an SUV in there never crossed my mind...... icon8.gif

The 911 cab and/or 356 speeder can get in there with a 914 below and the door will open and close OK....that's how it was designed.

The plan....for the side w/o the lift is....a snooker table and a plasma TV surround sound combo.....HERE I can crank it and hang with my shedding dogs and the kids w/o the wife bitching about it.....
Malmz
Mikie's is the way to go if you have the room. I've been planning one for a couple years, and other junk keeps jumping in front of my saying "buy me first"... I'm tired of crawling under stuff to fix it and and extra car storage spot in the garage would be key.

He got about the best price I've seen and I've shopped around, especially considering that was delivered and installed.

sm
Joe Bob
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 9 2003, 11:41 AM)
MikeZ,

thought you were just washing the floor. If I was closer I'd load up my nailers and help you get the roof on. Could even pull some wire.   burnout.gif

Cmon down.....get ya drunk, laid and even let ya drive the 914.....

BTW...the roof is in....no leaks and it's pouring rain.... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....ahem, cool.....
rick 918-S
[quote=Mark Henry,Nov 9 2003, 06:48 PM]

- Garold [/QUOTE]
When you give a web site addy, put it by itself and it becomes a link, like this:

http://www.kwiklift.com/

This is the one he's talking about, kind of pricey for glorified ramps IMHO. [/quote]
I checked out the site. That looks like it would work as a lift in a standard 8' ceiling. clear under the chassis, No rams or hoses. Set up would probably take the same time as jack stands. If I had a low ceiling, and a loose grand that would work. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.