Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Test 73 2.0 CHT Sensor?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
73jef74
Is there a relatively simple way of testing the 73 2.0 CHT Sensor to see if it is operating correctly?
mihai914
Read through THIS page and you should be set. Concentrate on the troubleshooting table.

What are your symptoms that makes you think that the CHT is malfunctionning?
73jef74
I am new to 914s. I don't know if the CHT Sensor is malfunctioning. The car needs immediate gas pedal after turning the start switch to stay running. The car hesitates when cold and doesn't like the RPMs to be very low. The car runs better after it is thoroughly warmed up. A proper tune up may fix it, but I thought if I could test the CHT Sensor that would eliminate it as a source of the problem.

Bleyseng
Do you still have the 270 ohm resistor inline with the CHT? Car will run lean at warmup without it...BTDT.
pbanders
QUOTE(73jef74 @ Nov 8 2006, 09:48 AM) *

I am new to 914s. I don't know if the CHT Sensor is malfunctioning. The car needs immediate gas pedal after turning the start switch to stay running. The car hesitates when cold and doesn't like the RPMs to be very low. The car runs better after it is thoroughly warmed up. A proper tune up may fix it, but I thought if I could test the CHT Sensor that would eliminate it as a source of the problem.

Check to make sure your auxillary air regulator is working. Details on it are at my page, URL below.
73jef74
The 270 ohn resistor is inline with the CHT Sensor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.