Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Closure Vents at Rear of Door
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tyler
I saw a thread on these but can't find it now and I have to remove them for painting. Can anyone tell me the best way to get them off?
These are the round vent covers on the body, directly behind the doors. There was some discussion on their purpose, like releasing pressure whe the door was closed, etc, etc. They have an elbow in back that connects to the interior behind the backpad, but I just need to get the cover off.
Thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE(tyler @ Nov 8 2006, 12:46 PM) *

I saw a thread on these but can't find it now and I have to remove them for painting. Can anyone tell me the best way to get them off?
These are the round vent covers on the body, directly behind the doors. There was some discussion on their purpose, like releasing pressure whe the door was closed, etc, etc. They have an elbow in back that connects to the interior behind the backpad, but I just need to get the cover off.
Thanks

they just pop out. pry carefully, don't put pressure on the face as the plastic is thin and breaks easy ...
smash.gif Andy
iamchappy
Pull...
So.Cal.914
I use a small hook tool, pass it thru the grill and hook the inner edge and pull.

OpaAndy is right they do break easy so when pulling try to keep preasure off

of the grill.

tyler
THanks - I'll be carefull, replacements look expensive
Allan
I always pushed them out from the rear.

Gotta remove the back pad...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.