Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 barrel intake?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
troycalm
In times gone by they used to have a intake mainifold called a (spider) intake to fit a 4 barrel on a vw/porsche/corvair.Is this still around or am I just to old unsure.gif and out of touch

Thx in advance
Rouser
QUOTE(troycalm @ Nov 8 2006, 05:45 PM) *

... am I just to old unsure.gif and out of touch

Yes.

No such 4-barrel animal for the T-IV, at least one that wasn't custom-built by some enthusiastic welder. Saw something like that for the Corvair, but have no pics of it.

There IS a 2-barrel conversion for the T-IV, but they work like crap; avoid like the plague!
troycalm
QUOTE(George H. @ Nov 8 2006, 03:01 PM) *

they are still around, not recommended though. you want 1 i got you covered

why is it not REC and how much we talking worked great on a corvair
Rouser
QUOTE(troycalm @ Nov 8 2006, 06:08 PM) *

A Corvair is a 6 cylinder, a Type IV is a four cylinder. Unless you're planning to roast hotdogs with the fuel bath rushing out the tailpipe, you don't want to run a 4-barrel.

Dual Webers are better.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(troycalm @ Nov 8 2006, 03:08 PM) *

like Rouser said, they're 2 barrel not 4, the problem as i understand it deals with the lack of heat on the runners. do a search on here or wait for more people to respond
Jake Raby
The runner length kills efficiency as well as the lack of any heat in that area of the engine making it worse..

Fuel falling from suspension and entering the chambers as drops of fuel isn't cool. It makes tuning a nightmare and isn't good at all for fuel mileage..

Its real hard to beat dual carbs.. I tried a 4Bbl carb once and gave up on it early on due to it always wanting to run rich..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.