Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Danieltt1956
Anybody know what type of wheels these are or who makes them?

IPB Image
mihai914
They look like ATS wheels.
porschecb
They are ATS. Oh and welcome.png and join us for lunch on Sat.
Jeroen
ATS
SirAndy
QUOTE(mihai914 @ Nov 8 2006, 02:50 PM) *

They look like ATS wheels.

agree.gif
davep
ATS, but are they 14" or 15". I own a set of the 14", 5.5" wide I think. Used to have a set of 15" x 7" 5 bolt rims.
Hammy
Good lookin' car
RON S.
They are 70's vintage ATS wheels.

Virtually un-obtainium today.

How do I know.

Cause I've been trying to find an extra one for 10 freakin years to replace one that some a-hole stole off my car in the mid 90'.

Ron
Ferg
QUOTE(davep @ Nov 8 2006, 07:02 PM) *

ATS, but are they 14" or 15". I own a set of the 14", 5.5" wide I think. Used to have a set of 15" x 7" 5 bolt rims.

minor hijacked.gif Dave you sure they were 15x7? Here are my 15x6 from the classifieds, beside's RonS's I've never seen another pair of five bolt.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...32&hl=early

Ferg

davep
Yes, I'm certain they were 7". Used them with 185/70 Michelin XWX, but that was 20 years ago or more. Don't recall when I sold them. A neighbour has a set of ATS on his old Volvo, don't know the size.

ATS makes the cookie-cutter rims used on the 911, so they are a quality manufacturer.
RON S.
QUOTE(Ferg @ Nov 9 2006, 07:26 AM) *

QUOTE(davep @ Nov 8 2006, 07:02 PM) *

minor hijacked.gif Dave you sure they were 15x7? Here are my 15x6 from the classifieds, beside's RonS's I've never seen another pair of five bolt.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...32&hl=early

Ferg

Another minor hijack hijacked.gif

My 3 wheels I have are 15"x7"with an offset making flares a must.

the part# on each is 7156.

I saw PAIR of 15" 4 lug ATS wheels on a parts car that was towed up to Hershey last spring.The guy didn't know that the 2 wheels on the car was worth more than the car itself.I tried to buy'em,but he wouldn't budge on the wheels alone.
If they'd been 5 lugs,I'da bought the car,robbed the wheels and what else I wanted of it,and left the car in the parking lot for someone else to worry about moving. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Ron
Scott H
Is there anything special about the lug bolts for the ATS wheels?

I've got the lug bolts that were with these wheels in the picture below .... but I don't have the wheels:

IPB Image
JMPVW73
Those wheels are worthless. I'll give you $200 to take them off you hands. LOL

So the pic RonS posted is an early wheel because the spoke ribs dont extend on to the rim. When did ATS make this change?

Scott H, do you know if Behemoth still has the wheels?
You car looks a lot better than you described.
Scott H
QUOTE(JMPVW73 @ Nov 9 2006, 01:15 PM) *

As far as I know, he still has the wheels but it's been a while since I talked to him.

As for my car, keep in mind that pictures can make things look 200% better than what they are. biggrin.gif There's a lot of rust in the car.
dlo914
Yeah those are ATS. Hmm...just realized the 89' Toyota Corolla GTS i picked up also has a set of ATS. They're 16x7.5, 4x100, and 6 spoke...heavy suckers dry.gif but they do look nice biggrin.gif Just like this one, but in a 4 bolt pattern: IPB Image HI-JACK over.
Ferg
QUOTE(JMPVW73 @ Nov 9 2006, 11:15 AM) *

Those wheels are worthless. I'll give you $200 to take them off you hands. LOL

So the pic RonS posted is an early wheel because the spoke ribs dont extend on to the rim. When did ATS make this change?

I'm guessing that the wheel RonS posted is one of his 15x7, my five bolt is 15x6. I bet that's the difference for the spoke ribs that don't extend to rim...

Ferg
nomore9one4
I think club member "Jim Kelly" from Va. has a set. PM him and see if he is interested in selling them
914Sixer
I built a Chalon in the late 80's that had 15x7 wheels on it. David Lee in Houston showed me pictures last year where he cut the car up and sold the parts.
Scott H
QUOTE(Scott H @ Nov 9 2006, 11:06 AM) *

Anybody?

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks.
Mueller
QUOTE(Scott H @ Nov 11 2006, 08:47 AM) *

QUOTE(Scott H @ Nov 9 2006, 11:06 AM) *

Anybody?

Thanks.

those shown in picture look wheel-specific to me..they will not work with any factory Porsche wheel...I'd save them if you plan on using those ATS wheels.

DEC
They called ATS Classics and in Germany available
in 5,5/7/9 x 15 also only from Kerscher distributed in
11x15 but in 11x15 they are NLA

Wilco

JPB
QUOTE(faux916 @ Nov 9 2006, 06:41 PM) *

I think club member "Jim Kelly" from Va. has a set. PM him and see if he is interested in selling them

Dibs Jim DIBS!!! biggrin.gif
Lightweight_911
There's a set of 5 of these ATS wheels for sale on Pelican - 7x15's.

The seller's just lowered the price to $650:

Pelican link
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.