Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: a personal milestone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
I am making the final payment on my 2001 F-350 diesel today.

I own it!!

It's got about 80k miles on it. Serious work truck. ( and track car hauler )

Hooray boldblue.gif

KT
biosurfer1
congrats...always a little weird to me when something gets paid off, i get so used to making payments that the first month you dont have to something seems wrong...in a good way of course:)
DanT
Trekkor,

Sounds like you are ready to find that Boxster you were talking about a couple of months back biggrin.gif
turboman808
I paid off all my bills this last year. I don't own a home so right now I am kinda living care free. It's a bit weird but I am not wanting to take advantage of the situation in a bad way. I've taken some of the extra money and used it to sell stuff on ebay. Good way to entertain myself. boldblue.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(trekkor @ Nov 8 2006, 04:09 PM) *

I am making the final payment on my 2001 F-350 diesel today.

I own it!!

It's got about 80k miles on it. Serious work truck. ( and track car hauler )

Hooray boldblue.gif

KT

congrats...we have not had a car payment in over 4 years...too bad I cannot say the same about our house payment headbang.gif
grantsfo
Congrats!!! Thats a nice truck. I always have truck envy when I pull up along that truck at the track.

Shielah and I were looking at a new Ford trucks last weekend and realized we have it pretty good with our $5000 1997 F150 with 138,000 miles. Think we will hold on to that one for awhile as I paid cash for it.
LvSteveH
I thought you were celebrating going 24hrs without giving Jake a hard time biggrin.gif

2001 still has the 7.3L, fine motor. My 95 7.3L runs so well I couldn't let it go when I got the 2006 6.uh oh
Mueller
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 8 2006, 05:25 PM) *

Congrats!!! Thats a nice truck. I always have truck envy when I pull up along that truck at the track.

Shielah and I were looking at a new Ford trucks last weekend and realized we have it pretty good with our $5000 1997 F150 with 138,000 miles. Think we will hold on to that one for awhile as I paid cash for it.

I love our 150K mile '01 Supercrew (paid for smile.gif )....however, I too get envious when I see KT's truck, I've always luv'd the F250/350 diesel trucks...test drove a new not too long ago, but $45K + for a new truck is not in the cards for me...
Bruce Allert
Ya, it's really nice with no car payments. I was that way up until 2 weeks ago... We needed a bigger vehicle for transporting the kids (dogs) & all their parafinallia to shows & matches. so we became a mini van family. Got us a 2001 Toyota Sienna. Talk about a nice thing to drive. Leather seats make all the difference in the world for long trips.

Hopefully, after the lakehouse sells we'll pay it off & all bills then be totally debt free boldblue.gif and then along will come a V8 conversion from somewhere smile.gif

.......b
Trekkor
I thought you were celebrating going 24hrs without giving Jake a hard time

That made me bust up. Glad I didn't have a mouthful of food or drink. icon8.gif

Getting rid of that monster monthly payment is quite a relief.

KT
Trekkor
I've been very good about having it serviced regularly.
Included in the purchase price for $600 from the dealship, was there lifetime oil service contract.
Every 3K miles I get oil, filter, fluid topoffs and inspection.
This is normally a $100 expense. 15 qt system ohmy.gif

I hear these turbo motors can get over 200k miles.
The older non-turboes have seen 400k.

International Diesel power.

KT
VegasRacer
Happy Motoring. smilie_flagge24.gif
URY914
I've paid off my truck.
Of course since then it's needed a new engine, tranny and a/c.
Brew
Congrats Trekkor!!! clap56.gif beerchug.gif

I've got about $4000 left on mine, then it's Boxster shopping I go!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.