Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Last Hurrah
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Got out of wurk almost on time last nite & got a decent night's sleep.....the sun is out (at least temporarly). The car was reluctant to light off, but finally settled down to get with biddness. We're ready, I guess.....I even have time to come up with some new excuses iff'n (when) I get beat.

I'm told I won the PCA class for this last year.....didn't even know they was keepin' track. I think the prize is a new Cayanne (sp?) or sumthin' (yawn).

What I'm really looking forward to is tearing apart the car... again, after we get this AX crap outta the way .....I have a plan blink.gif
Bruce Allert
Ya, I gotta plan too after this ones done for the year... put in the 2.0 and the new bilstein shocks as soon as I get 'm. Hopefully next year will be faster (er, ah, Punkin will be faster) rolleyes.gif
see U there JP driving.gif
bruce
redshift
Congratulations on the class win JP! smilie_pokal.gif PAINT YOUR FLARES.

What's the plan?? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Bwooce, weren't you Koniing, not Bilsteining?

M
double-a
many thanks to jp, bruce, craig, jim (and whoever else was there) for a great first experience with autocross. i didn't compete, but i did get to ride shotgun in jp's car for one run. we spun out on the last slalom, and i 'bout peed my pants; that's a fast car!

oh, and i got to right a few tipped cones as well. maybe next year i'll bring my car and compete for last place.
ChrisReale
JP never spins out, so you must have been with somebody else laugh.gif Glad you had fun. JP has a fast car, every winter he takes it apart to make it faster. ar15.gif
Bruce Allert
Da 'puter's piss'n me off... try'n t'download pics of the AX. So far half done but the puter don't like this program. keeps crash'n so I gotta do it 1 at a time. 75 pics + some movies. Missed Chuck spinning out in JP's car by 2 seconds. ran outta time on the camera..... DAM! headbang.gif really nice 360 too smilie_pokal.gif
as soon as I get'm downloaded I'll post pics.
here's one of Jim Chambers doin' the Driver Ed out on the PIR track.
bruce
Bruce Allert
closeup
Andyrew
Thats the auto x track? Looks more like a road course to me!!! Great pics..

Andrew
double-a
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Nov 9 2003, 08:38 PM)
JP never spins out, so you must have been with somebody else laugh.gif   Glad you had fun.  JP has a fast car, every winter he takes it apart to make it faster. ar15.gif

yeah, i rode with chuck; he took jp's car out in the second group. all i can say is: 'i gotta get me one of those!'

in all, i'm impressed with the organization and professionalism of the whole thing, and there were some darn good drivers out there too.
J P Stein
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Nov 9 2003, 08:38 PM)
JP never spins out,

Right....... RIGHT!!!!
Gotta hire Chris as my spin doctor...heh,heh.

Ayup, we looked real professional today.....someone forgot the timing equiptment....had to borrow a stopwatch.
Ole Chuck beat me by .01. I think the timing guy had a quick thumb. I protested, of course. They tole me to piss off...or wurds to that effect.

Ok, so now I get to tear into the ulf.
Gonna Meullerize the rear bearings, get the shox revalbed, take 3-5 lbs off each swingarm. Maybe get a F/G rear lid mit spoiler....more room for gray primer laugh.gif Goodyear cantelivers or AX Hoosiers? confused24.gif
redshift
For your birthday, you are getting a midnight visit from Mr. Can of Delphi.... at least spruce them up a little, with some of that stealth paint.

wavey.gif

M
J P Stein
Too bad you didn't get a shot of that spin, Bruce. It was about a 7. I told Chuck that section of slalom was tricky...it went from bout 30 paces down to 20ish....with a 3rd gear blast into it......YEEHAW!

Pam Eames and her lovely husband Curtis blew us all into the weeds...again. I watched Curtis real close. That Boxster just tracks around a corner where I was having all sorts of problems. Both of them are soooo smooth....it really pisses me off. laugh.gif

Craig and his Boxster were smooth, also.

I took a cool blonde (Keith's wife) for my first run. She WAS cool till the motor came on the bump bout 30 feet off the start
and the tiars broke loose......then she took a big lurch too....he,he. "I wasn't expecting that". Other than that, with the cold tires and all, rolleyes.gif I don't think I impressed her much with my driving prowess.
ChrisReale
Show off chairfall.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 10 2003, 12:28 PM)
Too bad you didn't get a shot of that spin, Bruce. It was about a 7. I told Chuck that section of slalom was tricky...it went from bout 30 paces down to 20ish....with a 3rd gear blast into it......YEEHAW!

Pam Eames and her lovely husband Curtis blew us all into the weeds...again. I watched Curtis real close. That Boxster just tracks around a corner where I was having all sorts of problems. Both of them are soooo smooth....it really pisses me off. laugh.gif

Craig and his Boxster were smooth, also.

I took a cool blonde (Keith's wife) for my first run. She WAS cool till the motor came on the bump bout 30 feet off the start
and the tiars broke loose......then she took a big lurch too....he,he. "I wasn't expecting that". Other than that, with the cold tires and all,  :rolleyes:  I don't think I impressed her much with my driving prowess.

That spin was awesome cuz it happened 30 ft. away from me. My camera ran outta time about 2 secs. before it happened headbang.gif

There's just something about the Boxster smoothness... I agree. Craig doesn't do much AXing and he came within a second of my best time... and I was ballstodawalls (so it felt) slid'n & goin' too hot into most every corner. Man! that was fun & those new springs & sways I think helped Big Time.

If your driving prowess didn't impress Keith's wife I know yer car did. she had a BIG smile on her face when she got out. (Bet Keith wishes she'd smile at him that way, you think???)
It was a great end to this years AX. smilie_pokal.gif
bruce

P.s. Miles, I decided to go with Bilsteins cuz of the cost. 2 Bils = 1 Koni!
boxstr
Yehaww.. What a great birthday. Morning brought the sunshine and cool weather, but clear blue skies and warmer tempaeratures later on.
First was a half day on the track. Got my lines down and the apex turn ins correct. Then it was on to the back straight, 125 and passed by two Turbos like I had the park brake on.
Next part of the day was autocross time, glad to see a few teeners out there. Yes the Boxsters were kicking butt.
Sorry to say but I think I know where my efforts are going to be placed for next years autocross weapon.
Thanks for the pics Bruce, good job.
CCLINBDAYTOWN
Bruce Allert
Craig, soundslike you had a great time. Here are somemore pics of Portlands last AX of the year.
bruce
Bruce Allert
the 4th pic in the last post are the tracks of a wild, outta control red Boxster. The pic w/ the silver 911 has JP standing in the background try'n to look busy! The guy walkin away from c\Craigs car is Chuck West. He's the one that drives JP's car and is driv'n it in the 3rd pic slid'n sideways emit'n smoke of'n dem Hoosiers!
Bruce Allert
here's a bigger one so you can really see JP work'n! laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
I took this pic off the movie. If I had a program to compress these I'd post'm.
bruce
J P Stein
Ah, what the hell, he bought the tires laugh.gif
I just saw the results:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Curtis Eames 94 46.82 46.55 dnf 46.1 | 46.10
2 Pam Eames 194 48.71 47.23 48.29+3 47.82 | 47.23
3 Jim Chambers 86 dnf 47.3 55.24 53.84+1| 47.30
4 Steve Downing 19 49.86 48.79 48.75 47.58 | 47.58
5 Chuck West 14 54.87+3 48.31+2 48.32 47.65 | 47.65
6 Paul Stein 4 49.11 48.8 48.55 47.66 | 47.66
7 Joel Siegersma 2 47.91 48.23 48.03 47.77 | 47.77
8 Gary Hayes 731 47.97 48.63+1 47.97 48.27 | 47.97
9 Katie Siegersma 3 52.88 50.37 49.98 50.60+1| 49.98
10 Steve Germany 24 52.59 50.49 50.84 50.47 | 50.47

Jim kicked some ass.....go figure. confused24.gif
Porsche Rescue
Tempted to bask in the glory of beating JP but we all know better. That 47.3 should be 57.3 (but what's 10 seconds in AX!). I will boast that I had the 2nd best time of all the 914 Club members participating---54.84 with one cone.
Bruce Allert
Yuppers James! ya beat me fair & square smilie_pokal.gif Just wait till I get that 2.0 installed this winter and those Bilsteins......
YEEEEEEEHaaaaa burnout.gif
bruce
J P Stein
There's a couple lessons to be learnt form the squigly lines pic:

ABS is awesome

AX Hoosiers lay down much better black lines than do the roadrace Hoosiers.

I need some grip!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.