Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a "feel good" morning...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
1970 Neun vierzehn
So here I am at the local coffee house, getting out of my 914, and this big buck Benz pulls up behind me and parks. Then he says, "Boy, you hardly see those anymore. What year is that, a '75?". "Close", I say, "but it's a '70". "Wow" sez Mr Benz, " those are getting to be collectible". Yeah , yeah, I say, but inside I think, there are folks out there who recognize and appreciate a 914s uniqueness. It kinda feels good mueba.gif

Well, today it's a road trip to Cleveland in the 914. driving.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Nov 9 2006, 11:48 AM) *

So here I am at the local coffee house, getting out of my 914, and this big buck Benz pulls up behind me and parks. Then he says, "Boy, you hardly see those anymore. What year is that, a '75?". "Close", I say, "but it's a '70". "Wow" sez Mr Benz, " those are getting to be collectible". Yeah , yeah, I say, but inside I think, there are folks out there who recognize and appreciate a 914s uniqueness. It kinda feels good mueba.gif

beer.gif

Well, it starts. The people at Stoddard will LOVE you! And, in about 7 months you'll get it back & have to DRIVE it back to Cincinnati....during the early bug season!

Proud of you though. For someone who's always squeaked when walked (tight ass), you're sparing no expense for your second child. Good luck!
914runnow
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Nov 9 2006, 06:48 AM) *

Congrats on the 'Coffee Kudo's'!!
Soap box PLease+++++
Drives better -costs Less- Does not smell like gas-
Performs better-and huge fun quotient!!
> MORE THAN A 356<
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(914runnow @ Nov 10 2006, 11:16 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Nov 9 2006, 06:48 AM) *

Congrats on the 'Coffee Kudo's'!!
Soap box PLease+++++
Drives better -costs Less- Does not smell like gas-
Performs better-and huge fun quotient!!
> MORE THAN A 356<

True, I suppose, but I'll never get the lust out of my system for a 4-cam 356. Just makes a gorgeous noise, like no other motor. Not a slug either.

But a 914/6 takes priority & is a lot less expensive!

BTW, I was a 356 registry member for about 10 years (no 356!) and still have a decal for the Registry. Anyone need it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.