Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: idle problem 1.7 liter d-jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
will
according to haynes manual, I must turn the idle screw counterclockwise to lower the rpm and clockwise to increase rpm. Well, I turned CCW and the screw almost came off and the rpm increased to 2500 at idle. I turned the screw CW until it could no longer turn and now the rpm is at 1100 rpm. What is going on here? any help would be great appreciated.
thanks,
will biggrin.gif
dmenche914
turning in, (CW) will decrease the speed. All it is is a bypass around the throotle plate. don't over torque it closed, you can punch out the bottom of the casting

If cpmpletely closed, and your still too fast, then I'd look for avacuum leak in the intake system, maybe hoses? check for leaks.

good luck
Rand
Maybe the Haynes is referring to the idle mixture knob on the ECU? For sure, the air bypass screw on the throttle body is clockwise to lower the idle speed. Agree with above - Sounds like you must have an intake air leak.... 1100 isn't too bad, but with that screw all the way in it shouldn't be idling that fast.
kpex914
my buddy had the same problem. we turned the idle screw all the way in and it idled around 1200. He had an extra MPS and we switched them and it solved the problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.