Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: M coupe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
I store cars over the winter for some people.

Anyone had experience racing a BMW M coupe, the little station wagon???

What is the power/weight ratio??

Seems a bit light in the rear, but I could get used to it wink.gif
smrz914
I looked at one a while back. They are very close to 50/50. the m coups are 50/50 and the non m version is a little front heavy. Just look it up in google and there is plenty of info on line.
ChrisReale
These cars are pretty mean. I rode in one at an AX and they have get up and handle well. driving-girl.gif
machina
There was a guy down here in south florida that had a prepared M coupe. Fiberglass bodywork, race motor, the works. It kicked ass in our PBOC races. Cleaned up against even factory 996 supercup racecars. I don't know what happened to it. Think I have a picture of it from the Reffenings workshop. I'll look now.

dave
kdfoust
Nice engine right from the factory. Have a friend who daily drives one and loves it. Know another that races SCCA somepun or other class. He's competitive in it... I think they feel a little distant right out of the box and the brakes don't impress me at all but not a bad effort for a sedan company... cool.gif
Hi_Fi_Guy
Looked at one and bought a Boxster instead. Still the little shoe has some grunt... just a bit too rough around the edges, steering, handling to be really usable. I am sure the money that Porsche owners spend to make their cars go faster could be used to make teh Bimmers handle and brake better so I guess it is a tossup. For me the Boxster beat it out but I see how it could be a fun car. I dig the funky styling, reminds me of an MGB-GT.
anthony
The M Roadster is going to make a nice collector car. They only made a few thousand of them.
rick 918-S
I've never driven one. They have to be unreal fast! I do have one of these though... 1995 M3 Daytonavoilett. 18 X 8.5 Hamann Wheels, Toyo Proxies, Short shift, Borla Exhaust, Strut brace, etc. I took my wife for a ride one day. She said it reminded her of a tilt-a-whirl ar the county fair. The G-Force pressed her back in the seat and made her dizzy! lol2.gif driving.gif I can't wait to thrill her in the Alien. I saved an ailrline bag from my last flight. barf.gif
aufaber
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 9 2003, 02:49 PM)
I store cars over the winter for some people.

Anyone had experience racing a BMW M coupe, the little station wagon???

What is the power/weight ratio??

Seems a bit light in the rear, but I could get used to it  ;)

Depents on the year, in 99 they were 240hp, but in 2001 they bumped up the power to 315hp. They all weigh around 3100 pounds.

-Aaron G>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.