Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re: Restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
akellym
I have deciced to restore my teener again. This time it will be Electro-Chemical Dipped and then E-Coated. Here's a link to the place doing the dipping and coating, http://precisionresto.com/restoprocess.html. Note they don't use acid, they use water! When they are done with it, it will go back to the place that painted it last time. I will post photos from start to finish once it gets going.
biosurfer1
you should definatly restore that thing, just look at it, its in terrible condition blink.gif biggrin.gif

good luck with the dip... the no acid dip seems interesting, looking forward to hearing more about it...

IanStott
What a nice looking car! I hope mine looks that good when I am finished with my restoration.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
AZ914
Kelly, if you are bored, find a new teener to restore.. that thing is pristine already.
akellym
Thanks. I'm not bored, just want it to last a lifetime and then some biggrin.gif . When I restored the car a few years ago, it was supposed to have been galvanized before it was painted but.... somehow it wasn't dry.gif . There are a few other things I want done different.
TROJANMAN
i hope it wasn't that trip thru CO that caused this

What a great looking car
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.