Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Automatic logout
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
alpha434
Is there any way to enable an auto-logout feature in your personal preferences? I'm not sure my mom would appreciate him ogling Mrs. K or her tasteful pictorials. tongue.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Nov 10 2006, 01:49 AM) *

Is there any way to enable an auto-logout feature in your personal preferences? I'm not sure my mom would appreciate him ogling Mrs. K or her tasteful pictorials. tongue.gif

could you explain this a little better? auto-logout when ... ?

closing your browser? leaving the clubsite? not clicking the mouse for 5 minutes?
confused24.gif Andy
alpha434
Timed event. Like ebay. You're only logged in for 24 hours max. Then you have to log in again.
70Sixter
You can set your screensaver to require log-in to return to operation.
alpha434
Oh come on! If I wanted to use a screensaver password, I would. Or anything else. I don't have any problem with my bro using my computer. That's definitely not a problem. He's just a smart kid. In fact, he helped my dad to pass his MSCE certification. What I don't want is to have him playing on my computer, find the 914club sandbox and goto my mom, "Hey mom, guess what Chris was looking at!"

Now. What I was thinking is that there just be a checkbox in your personal settings. "Log me out periodically." Or a checkbox of the same nature on the log in page. I've seen that other forums use it. But it's also unfair to everybody that everybody would have to log back in every day.
alpha434
Otherwise. I definitely WANT him looking at the 914club site. It's good exposure. "Take your kid to a car show," right?

He's taking a bike maintenance course at his middle school. Now if I could get him into cars....
SirAndy
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Nov 15 2006, 02:10 AM) *

But it's also unfair to everybody that everybody would have to log back in every day.

uhmmm, why don't you leave the "remeber me" option unchecked? it'll keep track of who you are as long as you leave the browser open. simply close the browser when you're done and you be a guest next time you (or your little buddy) go to the site ...
smile.gif Andy
alpha434
that's what I was looking for. Thanks!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.