Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Happy Birthday Fellow Marines!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve Thacker
birthday.gif

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/holiday/usmc...ovie.asp?se=%2B

(Turn up your Sound for this one)

SEMPER FI !!!

ptravnic
Thank you Marines!
Jake Raby
Here is my post that I made over on my forums..

231 years ago a group of dedicated individuals met at Tun Tavern in Philadelphia Pennsylvania to create the world's finest fighting force, The United States Marine Corps.

Being a Former Marine and knowing that "ONCE A MARINE ALWAYS A MARINE" I wanted to ssy Happy Birthday to all my brothers, both here at home and serving abroad.

Everyone please keep these Marines and all of our service men and women in your thoughts and prayers as we observe Veteran's Day and enter into the holiday season. Many of you that may not have serves our country can't comprehend how difficult it is to be away from your home and family during this time. Having spent two holiday seasons aboard ship, deployed and another land based in Okinawa Japan I know first hand how much a letter or a phone call from home means. This is especially true when you are stuck in a giant sandbox, going days or weeks without a shower, while playing GI Joe with your only intimacy being your love for an M16A2 or .50 cal rifle that with your aim keeps you alive- you give that rifle a girl's name in boot camp for a reason.

With that being said if you know an active service member and especially one that is deployed to a foreign land please take the time to get their address and send them a letter. When you are deployed and literally fighting for you life even a letter from a complete stranger thanking you for your efforts goes a long way to helping you get through that next flight or next fire fight or even the next day of pushing buttons on a keyboard because it makes you feel like you are actually doing something that people appreciate.

Here are a couple of pictures that explain the diverse experiences I encountered while being an active duty Marine. Marine's get dirty and they also stay clean but all Marine's are riflemen and we are all brothers until the day we die.

Get some!
IPB Image
Me at Yokota Air Base in Tokyo Japan while on a Presidential detachment with HMX-1.
IPB Image
This CH-46 was my baby for 4 years and yes, it's 16 stage Turboshaft engines are AIRCOOLED!I was a mechanic and Crewchief on these antique lifesavers that are considered "Flying Coffins"
IPB Image

If you have pics similar feel free to post them!

Semper Fidelis,
Jake Raby
Platoon 1185
1st Bn Charlie Company
Parris Island S.C.
gary gartner

To all the Marines , and all vet's everywhere----
[size=3]Thank you for your service---

I salute you beerchug.gif
Jake Raby
Just found an awesome slideshow..
[url=http://marines.togetherweserved.com/usmc/newsletter/15/Happy%20231st%20Birthday%20Marines.pps#256,1,Slide 1]USMC Birthday slideshow[/url]
Steve Thacker
Jake that was a nice tribute to let the readers know how much tradition and brotherhood the Marine Corps has for its members. It really hits home and in the heart.

I would like to second Jake's encouragement to send a letter or email to a warrior serving in country or out in the big sandbox. You do get lonely trust me and it makes you feel like you are on top of the world to get correspondences, even from a stranger. I got a few when I was in and I still consider them a part of my extended family even now.

That email or letter will help them keep motivated and focused on their goal of keeping the world safe. They love all of their fellow Americans enough to give their life for them if need be.

So do them a small favor and love them back.
Toast
flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif
smiley_notworthy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.