Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Florida Bug Jam today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
Today was the Florida Bug Jam in Dade City just north of Tampa. Its a pretty big southeast VW show. So my eight year old and I spend a few hours walking around.

Best part of the day was meeting Jake Raby from Air Cooled Technology. Great guy. He was showing a video of one of his engines in his 914. He's coming out with his own line of parts in Feb.

Here are some pictures of some of the things we found.
First is a 130 x 4 wheel by Ronal that I'd never seen before. Would look good on a teener.
URY914
Next we fopund a 914 with a very wide body kit but it still had the -4 in it. I don't see how it had enough HP to turn the tires. A very '80s paint job.
URY914
Next we found the odd ball stuff...
How about a twin T-1 engine tractor. Just the thing for those German-only tractor pulls.
Qarl
That's cool. Exhaust from each side of both motors is combined with a 4:1 muffler.
URY914
And the Myers SRII. Ralph Nader loves this one, I'm sure.
"...side impact protection, what?"
Qarl
Hey! It's Speedbuggy!!!!!
URY914
And of course the German Postal truck...
Brad Roberts
The collectors on the tractor are stock V8 header/collectors. 4 into 1.

The postal truck is bitchin. Raby called me while he was on his way to the event. Said it was a 12 hour drive for him in the 912.

B
URY914
There was also a fair share of strange people walking around, which caused me to say to my daughter under my breath, "There are some odd people here aren't there?"
Her reply was, "And they drive some odd cars don't they."

Here shot of her and a dual cab.

Paul
URY914
Brad,
Jake said a few things about you, and non of them were really that bad. lol3.gif

Paul
URY914
Jake had a carbon fiber valve cover that Carbon Joe (isn't that the guys name?) It was sweet. It is made for more clearance to run ratio rockers. And it is stiff as a rock, he dropped it on the floor and beat it on the concrete and not a mark on it. It also uses the standard bail wire for attachment.

More cool parts being made for us all the time.

Paul
redshift
QUOTE(kellzey @ Nov 9 2003, 09:01 PM)
That's cool. Exhaust from each side of both motors is combined with a 4:1 muffler.

Strictly looks, yes it's cool.

I'll bet it robs the performance needed to beat up on the 12-16,000 bhp supercharged V-8 multi-engined tractors at dragging the converted bus shell they use for the load at the tractor pull...

laugh.gif

M
redshift
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 9 2003, 09:06 PM)
And of course the German Postal truck...

Modified though...

German postal trucks have exterior gun mounts.

M
Jake Raby
Paul, cool meeting you also!!

The drive down wasn't too bad I averaged 40MPG behind a 64 Karmann Ghia, with 46HP. We ran a solid 75......

On th way home I made damn good time and dodged 7 speedtraps on I 75....

I was excited to get to see the finished product of my conversion video, Paul saw it also...
Rouser
That sucks ... the only Bug Jam I miss while stuck in Bowling Green, KY, and Paul gets to hang out with Jake.

You guys suck ... mad.gif

Really ...
URY914
NA na, na- NANA lol3.gif

Paul
Jake Raby
Well on the way back from Kentucky stop by my shop. Thats even better!
Rouser
Don't tempt me ... driving.gif
Jake Raby
Come on, I'll take you for a MassIVe ride!
redshift
It's a damn fine day when I catch the enthusiasm of a guy who loves what he is doing.

smile.gif

M
seanery
maybe we could stop by on the way to the Rennsport Reunion in April?
redshift
Maybe I could drive over any day. smile.gif

It's great to be a redneck!

(geographically speaking) mad.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.