Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EUREKA !!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
alright. i fixed the cookie problem. took me only a few days. i'm tired now ...

ok, here it is in a nutshell:

- cookies are send to the client computer within the HTTP-Header.
- a http-header can NOT be send after any other data has been send to the client. (hence the name HEADER).
- if you attempt to send a cookie AFTER the header was sent, you either (on good systems) get a error message OR the cookie request will be ignored.
- for sloppy/stupid/unexpierienced/stupid/stupid programmers, there is a workaround where you can cache all web-page data in a buffer and if that web-page contains any header/cookie specific calls, those will be collected and send first, then the rest of the page. this is done by the web-server.
- this allows for really shitty code to actually work.
- this is what the guys who made our BBS code were doing. (IBF forums)

so, all i had to do was to set the "i'm a dumb-ass programmer" flag in the server settings,
and voila! it works again ...
Andy
redshift
Yes it does! Awesome!

smilie_pokal.gif

M
ChrisReale
Actually, I think this place has the patend on "Cookie Hell"
http://www.mrsfields.com/
redshift
Yeah! Hellishly TASTY!

chowtime.gif

M
Joe Bob
What no BOOBS?????
Katmanken
Nice job Andy,

Thanks!!!! mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

It knows who I am again!

Ken
seanery
I met Debbie Fields at a conference we were staging. We did a shoot with her in my hotel room. She's a hottie! She loaded us up with some cookies, too!
ChrisReale
QUOTE(seanery @ Nov 9 2003, 07:26 PM)
We did a shoot with her in my hotel room. She's a hottie!

Can I download this on Kaaza? lol2.gif
Jeroen
Great job Andy ! ! !

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

Now if you can get this piece of cr@p to send out e-mails...
rolleyes.gif

(have a few brewskies first though biggrin.gif)

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
Nothing exciting to see. Our audio guy had the best (panty) shot though. He had to lay on the floor with the boom and had no option but to stare there cool.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Andy, you da man! pray.gif I don't have to log in anymore and my first unread post button works again, smilie_pokal.gif but,,,,,,,,, When i close my browser and open it back, all the post are marked as unread again and takes me to the first post of the thread. sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Nov 9 2003, 08:19 PM)
but,,,,,,,,, When i close my browser and open it back, all the post are marked as unread again and takes me to the first post of the thread. sad.gif

hmmm, not for me. what are your browser settings? timezone-settings? cookies get deleted when closing the browser? can you check?

Andy
TheCabinetmaker
cookies are enabled. Temp int files are not not deleted when closing browser. It actually started working properly, but now I have no unread post boxes at all. Maybe it'll be like the 914 does sometimes and fix itself? confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Nov 9 2003, 08:36 PM)
It actually started working properly, but now I have no unread post boxes at all. Maybe it'll be like the 914 does sometimes and fix itself? confused24.gif

on the main bbs page (where you can choose the forum) there's a link to mark all posts as unread. do that and see if it happens again ...

Andy
TheCabinetmaker
Andy, I was right for once! it fixed itself!!!! smilie_pokal.gif Didn't do anything, but everything seems to work as before. Thank you for all your hard work.

Curt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.