Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! Coverting from Fuel Inj to Carb, 1975 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bwarren
I am looking for pricing resources and availibility to convert from fuel inj. to carb. for my project 75 914
Please Reply
SirAndy
QUOTE(bwarren @ Nov 10 2006, 01:22 PM) *

I am looking for pricing resources and availibility to convert from fuel inj. to carb. for my project 75 914
Please Reply

let me be the first to say two things:

1st - welcome.png

2nd - why carbs? confused24.gif

popcorn[1].gif Andy
bwarren
Thanks for the welcome! I purchased this car completly disassembled. Never received all fuel injection parts. Do not want the hassle of finding and repairing fuel injection system. Can you help.
So.Cal.914
If I read your post correctly you didn't say carbs you said carb. I would sudjest

against a single carb. If your intention was to say carbs you also need to add cam

to that list and possably dizzy also. Don't get me wrong I Love wub.gif my Webers

but there are somethings to think about. I did get better MPG with FI then carbs

a second consideration is re-sale. Now it has been argued that FI (set up correctly)

will give more HP in the right RPM range for a 914. I would never admit to that

(in a crowd) but some reliable sorces do use FI (not stock) and get some

respectable numbers out of their engines. So it all boiles down to your personal

preferances and pocket book. Welcome smile.gif
ClayPerrine
If the motor is stock, find all the FI parts and put them back. It will run much better than any carb you can get for it.

If you are going to hotrod the motor, a carb will allow you to put in a lumpy cam.

But personally, I would go with an aftermarket Fuel Injection.

If you need help with the 1.8L FI, ask away. I have been working on it for 20+ years.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.