Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How not to use the coarse wire grinder bit!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
So, I was removing more of the 1/4" thick undercoating from my car today and whoa!! My arm got in the way of the grinder bit for a second!!

I was actually holding a small bar that holds the rear bumber up on my 912 and the grinder got away from me and went right up my arm. I am glad that I was wearing my gloves!! I was also wearing a long t-shirt so it stopped it from going farther up.

I will post some pictures of the progress I made of the undercoating removal later.
RustyWa
That'll scab up nice and pretty.... ohmy.gif
rick 918-S
I hate when that happens. huh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Nov 9 2003, 09:44 PM)
So, I was removing more of the 1/4" thick undercoating from my car today and whoa!! My arm got in the way of the grinder bit for a second!!

looks like this is your lucky weekend, huh? icon8.gif

sorry dude,
Andy

ps.: did ya get that engine running last night? laugh.gif
Britain Smith
I left Sat. night and drove back to South Bay...I couldn't take anymore up at Brad's shop. I did however make good progress on the undercoating removal on my car...that is until the grinder decided to remove the skin on my arm.
Brad Roberts
I beat him into submission. We got the new heads on the 2.0 for the black car and valves are adjusted. Monday we will clean the engine tin and get the engine/tranny into the car and running. Made the parts list tonight...gather them tomorrow and have a car almost ready to sell. Should free up some cash for you and me when it sells.

Sorry about your arm. You should never use that thing with one hand (which sounds like what you where doing).

Sorry about the fucking rocker arm stand... sorry for riding your ass while you where down... sorry that I was trying my damndest to get this black car running and sold.

BTW.. where was that brake cleaner you bought to replace the ones you used ?? ..LOL

Did you take the rocker arm stand with you..or did you want me to get it fixed up here ??

B
redshift
As sands through the hour glass..

laugh.gif

I hope all these things heal soon.

M
Queenie
Look on the bright side, Britain: chicks dig scars!

wink.gif

Glad to see it isn't worse & hope you heal up soon.
redshift
Chicks dig UP scars.

laugh.gif

blink.gif

..did I say that out loud?

M
Jeroen
Don't you just love it when that happens biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen - BTDT
Mueller
Put a little rubbing alcohol on it and you'll be fine smile.gif

BTDT,

mine could have been much worse, I too was using a wire wheel on the grinder when it slipped out of my hand and hit me in the 'nads..thought I was going to get castrated...
Mark Henry
Been there...done that!
fuch toy
"I" did that once when I was 15....still have that damn scar.....

BTW...chicks CAUSE scars.... lol3.gif
PatW
Machinist jammed his middle finger in the grinding lathe last week. Found him and his buddies trying to clean it up with bloog gushing out all over the place. So I narked on him and sent him to the hospital for for six stiches. Too bad, there hasn't been a injury here for over two years.
scotty
My arm got in the way of the grinder bit for a second!!

That grinder, she been a bad 'un from the start. I hear she near killed her previous owner... some guy w' the last name o' King up in Maine somewhars...
Britain Smith
GREAT!!! You know its going to be a long week. To add salt to the wound, I was playing softball tonight and pulled the muscles in my quad and can hardly walk. Now I am missing the skin on my arm and can't walk...its going to be a long week.
Jenny
laugh.gif Gimpy... laugh.gif
Seriously, I'm sorry to hear about your lack of skin... and pulled muscle. Rubbing alcohol isn't the best to use on wounds. It stings like a bitch. Better to use hydrogen peroxide. If it's not healing, lemme know. I just got my hands on some "wound dressing/ointment" which is supposed to be much better than plain ol' Neosporin.
But knowing your kind, you probably just covered it with electrical tape. Am I right? Black electrical tape. <_< tisk tisk...

Jen
Mueller
Rubbing alcohol isn't the best to use on wounds. It stings like a bitch

I was trying to funny, but noooooooo, you can't let me!?!?!?! headbang.gif
Brad Roberts
I'm not going to say anything. I give him enough crap when he is at the shop on the weekends.

Get well soon.

B
sj914
Look on the brighter side, at least the grinder didn't go haywire lower south. Then you'd have to change your name to Brittany.
Joe Ricard
Electrical tape is good as a turniquet. Duct tape is better at keeping the blood in. Cut my shin with a utility knife opening a thick cardboard box. Damn thing went in to the handle. Shoulda got stitches but the tape really kept the blood off the floor. confused24.gif
Jenny
I heard in WWII they used crazy glue to seal cuts and keep them from bleeding. Still use it on movie sets as well.

As far as the rubbing alcohol is concerned, I said it because my brother used it once on a nasty scrape. And then proceeded to scream bloody murder.

Jen
Rusty
I use superglue occasionally. It works okay.

I wouldn't use it on one of my soldiers, though. Some doctor would come rip me a new @sshole, if I did.

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. I've had a wire grinder bite me a few times. Part of the blood sacrifice demanded by the 914 God, I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.