Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Polish yer Nutz!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Ya say ya got a problem, Bunky?
Ya fixed everything and are putting it back together?
But yer nutz, boltz and small partz are covered with rust, paint, and scum?

Hold everything! You need the new and improved nut shaker. On sale now at Harbor Freight. Flyer I got says $39.95.

JPB
Ahh. I have a twenty year old nut shaker and can't do without it.

She's at work right now biggrin.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(JPB @ Nov 11 2006, 06:36 AM) *

She's at work right now biggrin.gif

Yah want to lend it to me...aaah nevermind if it is anything like mine I couldn't

afford it anyway.

It's now 59.95.
McMark
I have one of those and when I used it the "green rust cutting triangles" turned into sludgy stuff. They make one with little hoses that put fresh water in there and keep it from sludging up. But you could use that 'bucket' for the polishing poweder.
pfierb
Try this one www.willitblend.com
VaccaRabite
I was planning on polishing mine in the rotating case polisher that I use for reloading.

Zach
snflupigus
think you could make your own?

I was thinking of making something that simply rotated a 5gal bucket of sand like a rock tumbler, would that work or take 2 weeks like rocks smile.gif

I want something bigger than that I guess. Maybe I'll have to go buy or build a sandblast cabinet
turboman808
QUOTE(JPB @ Nov 11 2006, 06:36 AM) *

I have a 22 year NOS one that I'm gonna be breaking in real soon. piratenanner.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(snflupigus @ Nov 11 2006, 01:47 PM) *

think you could make your own?

I was thinking of making something that simply rotated a 5gal bucket of sand like a rock tumbler, would that work or take 2 weeks like rocks smile.gif

I want something bigger than that I guess. Maybe I'll have to go buy or build a sandblast cabinet

Yes, you could make your own, and pretty easily at that.

Mine is a lapiary polisher. It is just a barrel that sits on 2 axles. One of the axles is powered by an electric motor. DEAD simple.

Just be sure that the barrel you use hs a lid that screws on tight.

The speed of polishing will be slower then a vibrator, but not 2 weeks slower. Also, different media will cut/polish caster then others.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.