Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gtsdls
I bought new, "stock" heater hoses PN930 211 622 01 to install on my 914 since the wiring is coming out of/off the old orange ones.

The old hoses are ~6.5" long and can be compressed/stretched to a small extent.

The new hose is ~13" long, and stiffer.

It looks like I should cut one of the hoses I bought in half and return the other.

Any experienced advice out there?
smooth_eddy
I replaced my paper ones with nice high temp rubber ones from Pelican. They are very felxible and the fit was so nice I did not use any clamps. They were about $22 each. Eddy
gtsdls
These are the heater hoses that connect from the engine to the body under the car. Upon further research it looks like these are 911 style hoses now being sold as "OEM" replacements by Pelican.
mihai914
If you are talking about the red colored heater hose, the 911 turbo and the 914 share the same type of hose.

Normally on a four, each side should be around 8 inches.

Best way I found to cut the hose is with a hacksaw to begin with and go through the material untill you get to the metal wire.

Then have some really good wire cutters and cut the wire at the most possible perpendicular angle possible so you won't get a sharp edge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.