Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To all you veterans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
To all who served. Thanks

Dave
akellym
Speaking only for myself... That means a lot to me. This day reminds me of the guilt I feel for not being there with my buddies that still serve. sad.gif
Lou W
Thank you to all who have served. flag.gif
TROJANMAN
thank you
JB 914
agree.gif flag.gif Thanks!
So.Cal.914
God Bless you all for your selfless acts in the persuit of Freedom, we owe you all alot.
gregrobbins
Veterans: Thank you for your service to our country! flag.gif
Allan
Thanks....... smilie_pokal.gif
JoeSharp
Yer Welcome.
Oh and Thanks from ME TOO...
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
KaptKaos
Many thanks.
neo914-6
flag.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

and to my dad who signed up for the Korean war and served through Vietnam... pray.gif
HeloMech
No thanks needed... I do it for the BIG BUCKS!! lol... oh, wait... crap...

well, I guess the thanks are better than being spit at... btdt....

Thanks for the Thanks. smile.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Nov 11 2006, 07:59 AM) *

Yer Welcome.
Oh and Thanks from ME TOO...
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

agree.gif My flag is flying. And to you Canucks, too.

SFC Howard USA
REALLLLY retired (1966) Battery C 3/4/144 Arty.
Cannon Cockers Club
IanStott
Today is Remembrance Day in Canada, was at the Cenotaph in the park for the ceremony at 1100 hrs, have not missed one since I started going to them in the early 60's as a Boy Scout. I am a veteran, 24 years Canadian Air Force, today one of the most moving speeches I have ever heard was given by a WW 2 veteran about why we need to pay our respects and why we need to support our troops. Thank you to all who have served, to all Americans I want you to know despite what you hear in the news we have always had your back, we are a small country re. population and may not have all the stuff you have but we try hard to do the best with what we got. Point of interest, the city of New York alone has more police officers than there are members of the Canadian military, at the end of the 2nd world war we had the world's second largest navy, I don't think we make the top twenty today.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
TheCabinetmaker
I am proud to have served my country, and proud of the support I've heard here.
Our troops who will be veterans soon deserve the same support and respect.

God bless you and come home safe and soon.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(IanStott @ Nov 11 2006, 06:17 PM) *

to all Americans I want you to know despite what you hear in the news we have always had your back, we are a small country re. population and may not have all the stuff you have but we try hard to do the best with what we got. Point of interest, the city of New York alone has more police officers than there are members of the Canadian military, at the end of the 2nd world war we had the world's second largest navy, I don't think we make the top twenty today.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Your our neighbors and our Allie's, you Canadians charged the beaches at

Normandy along with us and have been there with us in many other conflicts.

I for one never had any doubt that you will always have our backs.

Now if you could just do something about all that cold weather that sneaks

across your border. wink.gif
Pat Garvey
I served during the Viet era. Not by choice either. I was drafted out of college (yes, it DID happen). They had to take me kicking & screaming!

Literally, the best thing that ever happened to me. Grew up VERY quickly & learned to appreciate my freedoms. Wound up serving happily. But......

Our guys/gals today are strictly a volunteer bunch & it flabbergasts me.

To all of you brave people, I tip my formerly olive drab cap tp you. And, thank you sincerely for your efforts & sacrifices! You are America & I, for one, am damned proud of you!

This was your day & rightfully so.
Elliot_Cannon
You're welcome.
Elliot Cannon SSgt. USAF 1966-1970

Happy to be here! Proud to serve!
HeloMech
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Nov 11 2006, 08:32 PM) *

Elliot Cannon SSgt. USAF 1966-1970

Happy to be here! Proud to serve!

I knew there was somethin funny bout you.... poke.gif
VegasRacer
beerchug.gif flag.gif thumb3d.gif
914Sixer
Thanks, guys. I never thought about it until I started reading the replies. I do not ever remeber any one saying thank you. It was during Vietnam and you were treated like dirt if you were in uniform. I tried to go back to college but I never could finish because everthing had changed.

Interestingly, the only time I have ever had Veterans Day off is when I was in the military.
cooltimes
Sorry I am late. Better late than never saying Thanks.
Thanks to all veterans for making us a strong nation or we would be typing in a different language.
beerchug.gif

MikeCool
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.