Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help- fuel problem?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yamahito
Today my '73 914 2.0 FI (no mods) seemed like the fuel cut out on hard right hand corners and when accelerating up steep incline. Headed back down the mountain, and car completely died. I could pop the clutch to restart, but pushing accelerator did not give any response, and it died again. Let the car sit 15 minutes, and by pumping the throttle then cranking, got it running again with no problems. But it still seemed like the fuel cut out on a couple of turns on the way home. Had a couple of suggestions of bad fuel filter? Please let me know what you think the problem could be? Much thanks!
TheCabinetmaker
I know those symptoms. Clogged fuel filter. Thats my final answer!
dmenche914
wiggle the head temp sensor wire, could be shorting or going open. forgot which, but one of them conditons kills teh engine. then it can get better like magic, then the wire moves again.

do you hear the gas pump running when it is dead????

filter usually don't get better, you start to run lean, then die out completly.

the pumping action causes extra fuel to be injected by signal form the trhottle switch, by pushing down on peddle, you send pulses to the brain telling it to give more fuel. I believe this is independant of the head temp (mixture control) circut.

over electrical thing that can kill the engine is the pressure sesnor, it can cause a no run situtaion. if it leaks vacuum, it is dead,a nd wont get better, if the wires fail, they can move around, go open, then short and such. check it too. also cheakc the multi terminal ground pint on the engine care (near tranny, on top, kindof under air cleaner) the injectors are gorunded there

good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.