Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cam?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
w13013
confused24.gif I just tore down a 2.0 for a rebuild. The motor came with a set of dual webber carbs. Does anyone know how I could determine if the cam is set up for the webbers?
gregrobbins
You can check and see if it is the stock cam. It will not work too well with carbs if it is stock as the stock cam was designed to work with fuel injection.

Jake makes a great cam for a 2.0L application, model 9550 I think. Some have also used the Web Cam #73 which works with carbs or D-Jet.

If you have an aftermarket cam and can not identify it or find the cam is worn, replace it. Check threads here and Jakes site for valve train upgrade too-makes sense to use 1.7L rocker arms with 911 swivel feet adjusters. A few extra dollars now will save head aches in the future.
Jake Raby
Listen to our Radio shows on valvetrain- When adding anyaftermarket cam other things nned to be considered component wise. The shows go over this...

With that being said I offer over 20 cams that compliment carburetion and I can surely choose one after you give me some information found on this page
www.aircooledtechnology.com/cams.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.