Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: I never thought i'd post something like this on this board
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
I am sorry if any of you find this disturbing, please do not read further if you do not want to read something sad.

This isn't my style, and I am only posting b/c i think it it is therapeutic to do so. Sometimes it helps to talk these things out. It realllly makes you think about how you prioritize things in your life. This is a family I knew, with kids the same age as ours, and a woman my wife worked with. A woman who worked with children with cancer (at the same hospital here children were taken to), and a father who is an elementary school principal. My wife had just seen them at the park earlier this week. This is a very sad day in Denver sad.gif

Click on the video link if you want to watch the story, but it is really sad.

If you have a family, please make sure they know how you feel about them at ALL times, because you never know.
Please keep them in your prayers.
iamchappy
It helps keep things in perspective. Very sad...
KaptKaos
That's terrible.

Our prayers go out to them.

- Joe & Family
biosurfer1
This is one of those cases where I don't believe there should be a death penalty, just so the driver can sit in a jail cell thinking about what he did for the rest of his life.

just sick, didn't even stop...
So.Cal.914
No matter what they give him for his crimes it will never un do what he did.

He can't pay restitution for what he took from Mr. Bingham, and that poor man

will not recouperate from the deepist wound he sustained, the loss of his family.

What on earth could that piece of sh!t been thinking. I said a prayer for him

and his family.
Howard
Old Polish/Russian/Lithuanian Saying.

If they throw all the troubles of the world into one big pot and distribute them, pray to God you get your own back.

Terrible.
draperjojo
A friend of mines wife was run down in Denver 2 years ago. They didn't think she'd make it, but she pulled through and came out of her coma. She layed in the street for 30 minutes before she got help. People just drove around her. Last I heard they never caught who was responsible, it was a hit and run. Unbelievable!!
TROJANMAN
Updated story and Video

Our friends came over after seeing Frank (the dad) today.
He is a very STRONG man.
jsteele22
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Nov 12 2006, 05:12 PM) *

Updated story and Video

Our friends came over after seeing Frank (the dad) today.
He is a very STRONG man.

Wow. I had heard the story on the news, but didn't pay much attention to it. Your post - the fact that you knew the family - made it that much more real. But looking at the photos of the family, especially the kids, and reading how they werre dressed up ballerina and superman costumes, really hit a soft spot. What a terrible loss. Condolences...
byndbad914
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Nov 11 2006, 08:58 PM) *

This is one of those cases where I don't believe there should be a death penalty, just so the driver can sit in a jail cell thinking about what he did for the rest of his life.

just sick, didn't even stop...

Actually I have to disagree - I think the motherfucker should be tied down to a table and skinned until he dies. Not given a nice little injection or a chair - fuck that. I am talking SKINNED ALIVE and he might, might, might be able to get a taste of the pain and agony that father/husband will have to live with the rest of his life.

I just went on a ride-along with my best friend Sat night (only time we get to hang out anymore due to f'd up schedules) and sure enough before the night is over we had a car that was clearly VERY DUI. He is arresting them - I want to take his gun and blow the motherfuckers knee caps off and blows his hands off so he can't ever operate a vehicle again and can't even walk to a bus stop - just sit home in a wheelchair with a mouth control wishing he had used some discretion before guzzling beers before driving home.

I have absolutely no tolerance whatsoever for a person(s) like that - the fact that not a single one came forward proves to me that they are not even human. I have more pity and concern for a common sewer rat than either of them. Skin the driver and beat the other to death with a small bat (takes longer).

EEEEERRRRRRRR. Sorry to all that may be offended but I had to rant about this one.

I only hope that somehow this man has an unbelievably gifted life from here out and even that can't make up for this loss.
TROJANMAN
Personally, I think the death penalty would be appropriate, but I do not want this to turn into a politcal thread. The guy knew he was too drunk to drive, i think that should be worthy of intent in a murder trial
Through court documents, 9NEWS has confirmed the driver in Friday's tragic hit-and-run admitted to being drunk, knew he hit pedestrians and attempted to hide his truck from police.

Here is the updated story from this evenings news. Both people knew that the driver was too drunk to drive, yet they both stepped into the vehicle. The driver's wife even said he tried to remove the bull bar on the front end of the truck to hide his tracks.
I hope he rots in jail finger.gif

There is a viewing tomorrow and the funeral is friday. My wife is going to visit with some of Becca's High School Friends tonight. They flew in from Arkansas.

THIS REALLY SUCKS

Some family pictures were released today

The news is now reporting that they have video from some local business cameras, and the bank on the corner.
I hope Frank never has to see that.
carr914
My prayers and thoughts go out. What a tragic story.

T.C.
TROJANMAN
The SOB pleaded guilty to every charge without a plea bargain.

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_6500367

Sentencing will be close to 1 year after the tragedy.
BMartin914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Aug 2 2007, 08:00 PM) *

Piece of stromberg.gif

Took the sunofabitch this long to come to the conclusion that yes - you did FUCK up royally! 1 day before the trial was supposed to start.
byndbad914
QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Aug 2 2007, 09:18 PM) *

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Aug 2 2007, 08:00 PM) *

Piece of stromberg.gif

Took the sunofabitch this long to come to the conclusion that yes - you did FUCK up royally! 1 day before the trial was supposed to start.

IMO that is probably not the real truth. I don't think he really did it out of honest guilt - the plea bargain was 40-60yrs which is basically the rest of his life, so his attorney probably advised him to throw himself at the mercy of the court and hope that an appearance of "manning up" will get him something better. Any worse than 60yrs is irrelevant since 60yrs puts him at ~100yrs old, so what are the odds he makes it that long?

He did it out of potential personal gain, not true guilt. True guilt would have happened in less than a year. MF'er should be plowed by his own truck and left lying in the street until he dies, or skinned as suggested before. stromberg.gif smash.gif ar15.gif Hopefully he gets a lot of this one sheeplove.gif 40 yrs of shower scenes seems like a reasonable punishment.
URY914
Link no work.
TROJANMAN
The old links expired
I think this tells the original story, with less graphic detail however.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/loca...5652376,00.html

He was basically drinking all day. Drove his car down town. Ran over my friends family. HEard the thump, and kept going. He tried to hide his car at his house, but was eventually caught cause his license plate flew off at the scene. HE NEVER SLOWED DOWN OR STOPPED.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 3 2007, 04:47 AM) *

Link no work.

I found an old link

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/10303217/index.html

He said he was too drunk to drive
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/10311760/index.html
URY914
My God...
Steve Thacker
I second the skinning thoughts...only with a dull butter knife.

If a man killed my wife and babies..I would probably find a way to get myself thrown in the same jail and take his ass out properly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.