Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: locked out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
just discovered ouside door handles dont work. how do I get in the car?

dr
ppickerell
My top was easy enough to pry off when this happened to me.
Qarl
Last resort.... Big rock!!!!

Use the glass from your parts car!
machina
its the parts car that I'm locked out of. The other car doesn't even have windows!

I just hate to smash the glass, then the cat will probably set up camp in there.

dr
fuch toy
Hate that....last time took me an hour to get the girlfriend out..... laugh.gif

The rear windows never need replacing give that one a smack.....
Qarl
Well... if you are going to part it out, then the prying off of the top method or the breaking of the front or rear window sounds best!
r_towle
how are the floorboards???

If you cut a hole large enough to reach up with your hand, you may be able to open it from under/inside.....

Rich
machina
thanks guys, the old hangar trick worked.

so now I just removed the latch from the door. door fits tight when closed anyway since the car is sagging about 1/2"

dr
TheCabinetmaker
remove the front windshield. Pull off the trim, and get a windshield removal tool from a local auto glass place. It should come out in one piece if your careful
TheCabinetmaker
opps, too late. good job smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
i know you already got it done.

but just in case anyone needs help with that in the future,
i watched the guys from AAA do it in about 15 seconds when i locked
my keys inside. ( headbang.gif )

he used a long flat thin metal strip with a little hook on the end,
pryed the window apart from the top just enough to get it in,
slide down, hook into the handle, snap! the door was open.
15 sec. max ...

it's always fun watching professionals do their job!
Andy
Jenny
Slim jims. My boyfriend got a set for xmas last year from his best friend (tow truck driver.) We haven't used them yet. But it's probably a good thing to practice. laugh.gif

Jen
Brad Roberts
The rear window wont break (ever).. we beat one with a 3+5 lb sledge for over an hour...full swings.. just barely nicked it.

If you are desperate...break a vent window. Passenger side so you dont have to sit in the glass.

B
Andyrew
Wont break the rear window huh? well when I was taking the blue car appart, we where trying to get the rear window out without breaking it, but it had all this black goo holding it, so we used knifes and a whole bunch of other stuff, then when giving it a litttle prying preasure it shattered like safety glass. millions of pieces....

Andrew
Brad Roberts
Correct. It wont break from the outside (ever). If you PRY any glass with a small thin object (screwdriver or something) it will shatter. In this case when your standing around looking for something to break the glass with... hammer/rock/brick/shoe... it wont break. Prying will break ALL glass. The windshield will crack like a mofo.

B
Rusty
Does anyone else have problems with their doors not unlocking when the weather gets cold?

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. Before you break that corner glass, make sure you don't damage the chrome channel. Some asshole broke into my car that way 3 years ago in Texas, and screwed up the chrome. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.