Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Real Fuchs crack....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
IPB Image

For those that think that they are invincible...... blink.gif
rick 918-S
ohmy.gif WTF! Is that yours? What happened?
TravisNeff
uhh look at the tire, that thing was tortured unitl it broke and prolly not on the car
computers4kids
QUOTE(mikez @ Nov 12 2006, 07:49 AM) *

IPB Image

For those that think that they are invincible...... blink.gif

Mike,
If my memory serves me correctly, didn't you post another picture a while back of another cracked Fuch? (not this one).

That's a brutal picture! Hopefully it didn't separate while you were driving.
Tobra
Why would someone do that? Perhaps the unfortunate red paintjob
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Tobra @ Nov 12 2006, 07:55 AM) *

Why would someone do that? Perhaps the unfortunate red paintjob

My thoughts exactly. It could have been suicide. Unless... Was it on an early Carrera with a white body and red side stripe? Then it would have been ok.

Tire looks like the body dropped down on it before the Fuch broke, or after I suppose.
Joe Bob
Not mine......from another poster on another board. My red painted ones were sold to Mark's customer when I went with full polish wheels......

Just posted it to show that racing on 30-40 year old Fuchs is NOT as safe as everyone claims.......check yer equipment.
Lightweight_911
I may be wrong but I would say that's not a genuine Fuchs wheel...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Lightweight_911 @ Nov 12 2006, 10:48 AM) *

I may be wrong but I would say that's not a genuine Fuchs wheel...

i will....

where the paddles meet the center cap area is fat.. where as the aftermarket fuchs are REAAAALLY narorw where they meet the center cap area

its real
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 12 2006, 07:54 AM) *

Mike,
If my memory serves me correctly, didn't you post another picture a while back of another cracked Fuch? (not this one).

That's a brutal picture! Hopefully it didn't separate while you were driving.

I believe that the one you are talking about was a faux fuch.
Aaron Cox
REAL 7's and 8's
IPB Image

FAKE American racing fuchs...
IPB Image

the difference
black centers are real..
IPB Image
Lightweight_911
i will....

where the paddles meet the center cap area is fat.. where as the aftermarket fuchs are REAAAALLY narorw where they meet the center cap area

its real

There were lots of different manufacturers of replica Fuchs wheels - I agree that many of the fakes can be identified by the narrowness of the 'paddles' where they meet the centre but they were not all like that...

For instance, here's a cast replica 8x15 :

Click to view attachment
Joe Bob
Trust me....I can tell the diff....
krazykonrad
If those were kiln dried for the red paint, it could have added a lot of metal fatigue to the wheels. blink.gif
Konrad 72/4
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.