Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: slicing a turkey... er, a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bottomend
I've fought this decision for about a year now and I think it's come down to this... I need to slice up a car. ( slaughter me know now and just get it over with...)

So, my question is, where do I cut to keep all the valuable pieces? Does anybody feel like making a diagram? I dont want to cut in the wrong place and render a part un-weldable ect?

What parts are the most valuable to people to have?

How much "extra" metal should I leave at the edges for welding when I'm cutting?

The bad parts are as follows;

>rear most part of rear trunk

>rear floor pan ( both sides)

>drivers side front fender

>passenger side windshield corner ( typical bubbleing/hole location

I really feel bad about this but I've got no place to keep the car any longer and this car seems to be over the borderline for restoration for whats availible on the left coast. If i could ship it to the east, I'm sure it would make someone a nice tub ect for a great car.

I figure by cutting it up I can help save a bunch of other cars in he process. Stupid?

Again, if anyone has pics of the actuall cuts, it would be a big help so I dont mess up this situation worse than it already is.

Stone me now....
grasshopper
Ha! Well... I cant bash anyone about cutting up 914's now because I have started cutting them up too. av-943.gif
TROJANMAN
haha
i just had a cut-up "pro" draw dotted lines on my car today

i will probably start cutting in the next couple of hours

Save the front trunk floor pan. somebody always needs one of those

bottomend
Ok guys, now that I'll got a few hits on this... I need hard facts. I NEED to know exactly WHERE to cut. I feel bad enough about doing this already. The LAST thing I need is to mess a part up so it cant be recycled.
dlo914
which car you cutting up? the white one?
SLITS
QUOTE(bottomend @ Nov 12 2006, 03:52 PM) *

Ok guys, now that I'll got a few hits on this... I need hard facts. I NEED to know exactly WHERE to cut. I feel bad enough about doing this already. The LAST thing I need is to mess a part up so it cant be recycled.

Get a hold of Col. Klink (Thomas) .... he is the expert teener cutter upper .... makes a teener disappear before your eyes.
fitsbain
If you wern't so far left I'd ship you the grasshopper. He can cut a car like nobodies bussiness. How did he learn all that at such a young age?
bottomend
yep, sad to say but ol' whitey is going down.... It's either that or donate it to a neighbor kid who'll probably just let it rust away to nothing.

I'll contact Thomas about where to slice. Anybody for dessert?
Type 4 Unleashed
I was looking for the -4 vs -6 post and hadn't yet, but I did see you Bottemend, and I was gonna get this to you also, cause I know you will love this :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-JB6JzzY4Yw
bottomend
When I first rebuilt my engine , I passed a UPS truck. Before the rebuild there was no way on Earth that would've happened. I know how the bus driver in that bus felt as he passed that SLOW car....! LIKE A KING!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.