Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rare '74 914 on Chicago Craigslist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
The price seems pretty high to me, but then again it has that extra rare targo top:

'74 914 F/S in NW Indiana...

FYI. No affiliation...

Skip
LowGT
Sweet, maybe I can paint mine metallic and put a woodgrain dash kit in it and sell it for 14k too.

idea.gif
jimtab
Targo top....gotta make it faster....
Joe Bob
Fuggit...it ain't yaller....
carr914
Why is that everybody thinks a 914 in the mid teens is priced too high. Jeez, have some pride in our cars. Have you priced another type of car that is more fun for the money than a 914.

T.C.
smontanaro
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 12 2006, 04:50 PM) *

Why is that everybody thinks a 914 in the mid teens is priced too high.

It may, in fact, be correctly priced. Kinda hard to tell though with two poor pictures and a very slim description. I'm a bit skeptical though. I saw it here:

Craigslist Porsche 914 links

Compare this car with the one right below it (I believe I posted a link about it yesterday). On the surface at least the green '74 for 10k seems like a better priced car.

Skip
carr914
It's not about comparing 914s (or least that was the point I was trying to make). I think we as owners of 914s keep the prices down, by not asking enough. Look at prices of 911s of the same era - double of a 914-6, look at at 70-72 Vettes, hell look at Mopars, you could have bought 2 of those new for the price of a 914 and now you would need to sell a collection of nice 914s to get one OK Mopar.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.