Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why I like SoCal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
Okay, so its almost the middle of November, and I figure its a nice day, I'll go for a drive.

I drove south from Redondo Beach through the Palos Verdes area. I took Palos Verdes Drive West until I got to the PV Drive East turn. I turned there, and wow, its a mini Mulholland. Some really nice sweepers and great turns and even better views. I went up and down several times. I wasn't the only one, there was an Sti, and a few bikes doing the same thing.

I apologize in advance to those stuck in cold weather.

-Tony
TonyAKAVW
more
MoveQik
Gotta love it. My wife and I did the same thing today in the 914 while our daughter was at a friends house. There were convertibles & Harleys every direction that you looked. driving.gif
swood
Very cool! Did you bottom out at the Portugese bend? Looks like you made it down to Trumps place.
TonyAKAVW
Nope, no problem with Portugese bend, even with my scoop.

-Tony
Lou W
Damn, what's with all that smog? biggrin.gif
So.Cal.914
Come on Lou you know better than that, it's not smog....its Hase.

It was 80 and awsome out here but the best we can do for salt water is the Salton sea.
Lou W
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Nov 13 2006, 01:01 AM) *

It was 80 and awsome out here but the best we can do for salt water is the Salton sea.

biggrin.gif

hijacked.gif Hey Paul, I'm living in Glendora again, I'm not sure for how long at this time, but I've thought about heading up to GMR driving.gif unfortunatly, it won't be in my teener. Man, it's amazing how busy/crowded this area has become, but it sure is convienent to everything compared to Hemet. smile.gif

hijacked.gif over
Allan
Nice Tony. Man I used to just about live on that road. Car running good temps?
drewvw

I don't live in socal but new england had a nice saturday with warm temps and sun...

I have a feeling a lot of peeps got some nice drives in this past weekend.
mrdezyne
Tony, its great to see a thread from you that is about enjoying the fresh conversion instead of working on it! Can't wait to be able to post the same. Thanks for the inspiration....
TonyAKAVW
The car ran fine. I made a few changes the day before to the cooling system. I switched the direction of the fan blades (they were never swapped which meant suboptimal performance) also fixed a tiny leak and added some Water Wetter coolant additive.

The only time it got warm was going up hills in moderate traffic. But it never got above 220.

It is nice to just enjoy driving. I had been irritated with the clutch for a while and fixed that, so now it really is nice to drive. Only thing I'd really like to fix now is the 2nd gear synchro so I can downshift without waiting.

-Tony
lybones
I grew up in the south bay and used to cruise the "Portuguese Bend" a lot.

I agree, it's beautiful!

So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Lou W @ Nov 13 2006, 02:09 AM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Nov 13 2006, 01:01 AM) *

biggrin.gif

hijacked.gif Hey Paul, I'm living in Glendora again, I'm not sure for how long at this time, but I've thought about heading up to GMR driving.gif unfortunatly, it won't be in my teener. Man, it's amazing how busy/crowded this area has become, but it sure is convienent to everything compared to Hemet. smile.gif

hijacked.gif over

hijacked.gif
Thats cool Lou i'll bet it is nice to be cruzing home ground. When I can pull it off

we will have to meet at Fosters for a cup and an old fashond, talk to you later.

Thanks for the hijack....
Cruzing
I grew up in San Diego, next time you guys roll, I can take ya up to the Laguna Mts back roads, Know them very well, they are fun, curvey, and the desert views are cool too... I ran into a new ford GT last time, he could not shake me untill the straight aways, he clocked up to over 150 mph then, my 914/4 gased out and puffed, see ya.. smile.gif

let me know, my car is in shop, Can't go yet.. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.