Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New fuel line
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SGB
I think I'm gonna be replacing the original fuel lines.
Question: Do most folks replace through the center tunnel? I saw that Chris has SS replacements for the tunnel, but I want to run under the rocker panel on the drivers side. Is this "acceptable". Any reason I should not do it this way? What about the route? I could run up and through the existing vapor return line holes, then down inside the front fender and through the existing holes in the bracket things to get back to the engine zone. Is this going to be OK or does the high point creat a problem? I think it would sorta be a "trap" like a sink drain, but the fuel is under pressure when the key and pump are on.
Opinions?
Experiences?
Comical assides?
QUOTE(SGB @ Nov 12 2006, 05:29 PM) *

I think I'm gonna be replacing the original fuel lines.
Question: Do most folks replace through the center tunnel? I saw that Chris has SS replacements for the tunnel, but I want to run under the rocker panel on the drivers side. Is this "acceptable". Any reason I should not do it this way? What about the route? I could run up and through the existing vapor return line holes, then down inside the front fender and through the existing holes in the bracket things to get back to the engine zone. Is this going to be OK or does the high point creat a problem? I think it would sorta be a "trap" like a sink drain, but the fuel is under pressure when the key and pump are on.
Opinions?
Experiences?
Comical assides?

If you get hit on that side.. your fuel line are going to make a big mess...
I would recommend you place it in the original location.
I have -8 or some thing like that in the center tunnel.

Just my 02 cents.
Joe Bob
Replacing ANYTHING that handles fluids after 30+ years is a good thing.....just wish my HMO had that same opinion..............
Allan
Run them in the exact way they came..

Why do you want to change the routing?

I replaced mine with stainless and ran it down the tunnel and out the correct opening to the FI/Carbs....
Trekkor
I deleted the return line and the return fitting on the tank. I ran a braided -6 SS line in the tunnel.

KT
SGB
I was looking at a diff route B/C I thought (from looking at search results) that it was a pretty big deal. Granted, the car is on jackstands with the tank out, but the engine is still in there, which apparently wasn't gonna make it any eaasier...
JeffBowlsby
Hey Scott, when you do replace them, would you send them to me? I would pay for shipping.

Let me know...
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(SGB @ Nov 13 2006, 12:21 AM) *

I was looking at a diff route B/C I thought (from looking at search results) that it was a pretty big deal. Granted, the car is on jackstands with the tank out, but the engine is still in there, which apparently wasn't gonna make it any eaasier...

Installation is no big deal Scott.
You can leave the engine in, but the (right side only) exhaust has to be removed. Otherwise one person can replace both tubes in an hour.
Going the long way around would definitely be more trouble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.