Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumb newb question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JThw8
Soo, Im dissasembling my 914 for final prep stages before paint and the rear bumper has a small (1 inch or so) hole on cut in it on the drivers side. With the bumper off, behind this is some sort of fixture small round tube with bracing.

It all looks original and Im just trying to figure out what the heck its all for. There is nothing matching on the passenger side.

Probably something simple but I just dont know and Im trying to figure it all out smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(JThw8 @ Nov 12 2006, 06:55 PM) *

Soo, Im dissasembling my 914 for final prep stages before paint and the rear bumper has a small (1 inch or so) hole on cut in it on the drivers side. With the bumper off, behind this is some sort of fixture small round tube with bracing.

It all looks original and Im just trying to figure out what the heck its all for. There is nothing matching on the passenger side.

Probably something simple but I just dont know and Im trying to figure it all out smile.gif

tow hook mounting point ...

your original tool kit had an oval shaped tow hook that screwed in there so you could tow someone behind 'ya ...
smile.gif Andy
JThw8
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 12 2006, 10:03 PM) *

tow hook mounting point ...

your original tool kit had an oval shaped tow hook that screwed in there so you could tow someone behind 'ya ...
smile.gif Andy

ahh, bueno, thank you, I knew it was probably something simple but it was driving me nuts smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.