Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deadbeat seller (?)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
Story goes like this:

Seller advertises item for X amount plus shipping. One person responded openly. I PM'd afterwards and said "If your other deal falls through, let me know so I can paypal you some money"

Seller PM's me back and says "the item you wanted is yours if you want it"

I respond with a request for a total including shipping so I can paypal.

Seller PM's me back and says he changed his mind.

If I'm not mistaken, we had an agreement, but the other person flaked.

What to do?

SirAndy
QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Nov 12 2006, 07:07 PM) *

What to do?

move on. shit happens. don't get an ulzer over a part for a god damm car. not worth it ...

have a beer, think about vacation on the beach, relax ... life is good ...
beerchug.gif Andy
Joe Bob
Unless $$ exchanged hands WITH an agreed upon shipping charge...you have a contract....IF you are in the same State of the US.....

Otherwise it's cash, ass or grass....no free rides.....watch yer butt, have a paypal transfer or an escrow account.
Joe Bob
I had a sale from a buyer in Australia....sent $$ via paypal. He then started dictating "terms"....including a 50/50 shipping, money back warranty and other demands.....

Sent the $$ back......he's STILL pissed.

Unless you have the product in your hand the the seller has his $$ ....it's not a deal.....
dmenche914
no contract here. seems like first come first serve, or seller changed his mind. What are you out? No money was sent, no deposit.

Heck if someone emails me if I sell something, and say they want it, but I don't see cash, and some one else comes by with cash, and I did NOT promise to save the item for the email person, then it will go to first cash. However I am a person that if I did promise to save it for someone, I would keep my promise as long as they held up their end. I'd even take a loss to a higher offer if I had promised a buyer i would hold it for them, but thats just me. I would not break a promise to hold it for someone.
However a promise to hold is not a legal contract. i personnely would not break a promise, but then again, i would not promise to hold any item worth a substantial sum without a deposit of some sort (cash, first born, etc....)

dont' worry much about it. i doubt who ever did this did not mean to screw anyone, again first come first serve. Unless you made a depostis, that is pretty much the rules of the road for private party classified ads all over.

How many time Have i offered to hold something, and have the buyer back out??? it happens frequently,a nd with no deposit, the seller may suffer a lost sale.

If you see something you really want, rush a deposit ASAP, that should hold it for you. then again, a seller probably can legally just return your deposit if they back out. No deals a deal, until the deal is made.

good luck in finding what you need, maybe a bette rdeal will come your way.

what is it you are looking for???? maybe some one can help you find what you need at a better price?
gms
agree.gif

I have lost some pretty spectacular items on a last minute change of mind by the seller…it is part of life, move on and place a WTB ad
nomore9one4
Parts will come and parts will go. Just because Bestbuy sells PS3 does not mean they will have them when you want one.
anthony
A true deadbeat would take your money and never send you the parts.
Mueller
I guess I'm a d!ck wink.gif

I sold a fellow member some FI parts...we agreed on price and shipping, I didn't hear back from him for 2 weeks so I sold the stuff (at same price) to another member...the day I send out the package, I get the original buyers check.

I deposit check (money order) and send him a refund check with a few extra bucks to cover the MO. I wrote a letter explaining what happened and said I was sorry. He cashed the check and never said any negative to me...now he might be talking sh!t about me to his freinds, but I wouldn't be too upset about it smile.gif

LvSteveH
Note to self, don't sell parts to Carlitos Way

Note to Carlitos Way, please don't try to buy anything I may have for sale in the future

I can't believe you would actually start a thread and call someone a deadbeat over something so trivial. If you paid for something and never got your money back or the item you paid for, then they would be a deadbeat. Maybe you should stick to paying retail from vendors like Automobile Atlanta. That way you can get exactly what you pay for in a timely manner. wink.gif
TROJANMAN
Strong words from the Stevinator assimilate.gif

I think he was just venting.......... dry.gif

Oh well

Note to self: Steve isn't as nice as he looks
chairfall.gif

Aaron Cox
I thought steve was nicer than that
tdgray
Not that I want to push this topic to the top but...

I suggest this go away... and by go away I mean it should be deleted.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Nov 13 2006, 01:39 PM) *

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Nov 13 2006, 01:39 PM) *

Steve is a nice guy....
He's just not nice to look at.. poke.gif
srcapmetal
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 13 2006, 12:03 PM) *

I guess I'm a d!ck wink.gif

I sold a fellow member some FI parts...we agreed on price and shipping, I didn't hear back from him for 2 weeks so I sold the stuff (at same price) to another member...the day I send out the package, I get the original buyers check.

I deposit check (money order) and send him a refund check with a few extra bucks to cover the MO. I wrote a letter explaining what happened and said I was sorry. He cashed the check and never said any negative to me...now he might be talking sh!t about me to his freinds, but I wouldn't be too upset about it smile.gif

That was me......as far as hard feelings none. I was out of town w/o a computer, Shit happens and money talks. Have a cold one and move on beer3.gif
LvSteveH
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Nov 13 2006, 12:39 PM) *

That was pretty good........ now aren't you supposed to be taking a break from the club? chairfall.gif

Maybe I was venting a little, I just think calling out for justice over something so trivial is in poor taste. Part of being part of a "club" is giving people the benefit of the doubt and perhaps being more understanding than if you were dealing with a complete stranger. I buy considerably more parts and cars than most people (ok more like any four people) and as long as someone isn't a total criminal, I suck it up and drive on. Life is too short to be upset over every little thing.

Ok, I'll sell him parts, but no discounts! laugh.gif
dmenche914
So whats the part you need???????maybe someone canhelp you out if we know what you need
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.