Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: complete noob help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrhurtalot
ugh. i feel stupid asking this.

but i cannot for the life of me find where to drain and where to put new transmission fluid at!

ive got my baby jacked up and ive even looked over the top of the underside of the car, bending into the wierdest position ive ever been in.

i just know its going to be so increddibly simple, and im sorry if i have made a complete idiot of myself. haha thanks in advance
Dr. Roger
filler/drain plug is on the right side of the transaxle. 'bout 1/3 the way up.

enjoy!
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Nov 13 2006, 12:22 AM) *

filler/drain plug is on the right side of the transaxle. 'bout 1/3 the way up.

enjoy!

Behind the axle, most need an allen wrench can't remember the size.
Type 4 Unleashed
I, think it's a 19mm allen, you can buy them a most local parts stores, a 19mm allen 3/8 socket.
Brew
17mm Allen, I'm pretty sure. On the pass side of the tranny, one high (filler) and one low (drain).
type47
typical noob advice is to remove the FILL plug FIRST, then the drain plug. make sure you can put fluid back into the trans before you drain it out. 17mm allen drain plug, you could probably find the allen at sears (or pelican parts ...)
ws91420
I found my allen socket in a set at Auto Zone.
Tobra
Great big allen wrench is the way to go, fits tighter.

As above, remove top plug, then bottom plug, DO NOT USE SYNTHETIC, I just use Valvoline gear oil, 80-90 I think, could be wrong on weight
914nerd
Absolutely right
It is a 17mm allen key for both the fill and drain
80-90 does quite well (as this is what I filled mine with 2 days ago)
The plugs are on the right side with the drain right near the bottom and the fill ~1/3 of the way up
Also, while you have the plug out, clean the magnet on the end of it (the drain plug)

If they don't come out, liquid wrench and leverage are your friends
mrhurtalot
liquid wrench? how aobut i let the degreaser sit for a while and get all the dirt off ( which ironically is why i couldnt find the plugs. rofl) and old oil etc.

and then ill wd40 it and try again tomorrow! thanks for the help!
TravisNeff
If you don't have the allen wrench you can use a 17mm bolt, put the bolt end in the plug and double nut the shaft (and use a wrench on that) and you have an instant tool.
mrhurtalot
i got the socket set from auto zone.

nearly rounded the damn plugs trying to get them out.

lmao. wellthanks alot. the car drives about 3k times better now.

smile.gif i am eternally grateful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.