Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Formula Ford/mazda/vee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
i love porsche
i am looking for chassis/suspension parts for small scale formula cars and im having a hard time finding parts suppliers. and i was wondering if anyone knew of any suppliers, any help is appreciated

thanks
Aaron
JThw8
Hi Aaron,
I used to race Formula Vee (solo vee actually) the suspension is mostly stock VW stuff so that doesnt help you much. Alot of stuff has to be hand fabricated. There are suppliers for some things depending on what you want, but most of it is proprietary to the manufacturer of the chassis. If you are building your own then you have to source parts and build things smile.gif There are suppliers for alot of the parts listed in the back of the SCCA monthly magazine and in Grassroots Motorsports. When I get home tonite I will see if I can send some links your way based on what I find in those.
crash914
also try Ebay, and Pegasus..

www.pegasusautoracing.com
BMXerror
I'll give you the list of supplier/info sites that I stumbled across when I wanted to build a C-sport racer for the SCCA (before I bought the teener). Keep in mind that I haven't done business with any of them, so I can't speak to their business practices. However, I will say 'if you want to spend big money on suspension, take a look at the Penske site'.
Mark D.
propricer
Forum for Formula Mazda parts, etc.

http://p211.ezboard.com/fformulamazdaforum...dsbuyingselling

FM is a GREAT venue ... GREAT car ... fast, safe and affordable !!!
i love porsche
great help, thanks!
Matt Romanowski
What kind of cars? Larry Oliver at International Cars (?) has bunches of stuff. He advertises in thbe SCCA magazine. What kind of parts do you need? There are people that 'remanufactur' stuff.
i love porsche
what im really looking for is spindles, hubs, steering knuckles, and possibly chain driven differentials
nebreitling
big difference between a vee and a FM.
jd74914
Whatcha building Aaron . . . it sounds kinda like a FSAE project?
MattR
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Nov 13 2006, 07:35 PM) *

what im really looking for is spindles, hubs, steering knuckles, and possibly chain driven differentials

If it is FSAE, its going to be tough to find those parts off the shelf (with exception of the differential). CNC + CAD is better then any parts supplier!

As far as differential,

torsen has the "university special" http://www.torsen.com/fsae/fsaefaqframes.htm

taylor race makes CVs and quaiffe adapter parts www.taylor-race.com

and there are a few other more expensive options, but those should get you started.

the fsae forums are a good resource for FSAE parts. Again, I dont know that its an FSAE project...... but if it is, I would start looking here.

-2007 UC Irvine FSAE, engine
daniel
I race a vee. Front suspension is standard HBeam straight of a bug, just bolt it to a frame. Steering is the same as well. Rear end has the motor turned around much like a 914. There are two trailing arms that locate the axle's (one per side) and in the most pasic instance, a transverse leaf connects the two axles together and pivots under the gearbox.

Check out www.fvee.org.au or www.sracing.com
GS Guy
May want to look into the D-Sports racer sites. Here's a link to the general info:
http://sports.racer.net/index1.html

and parts, supplies:
http://locator.pbwiki.com/FrontPage

Cool cars, bet it would be a total blast to drive one!

Jeff
i love porsche
you hit the nail on the head Matt, that is very helpful....ive tried the forums but i guess the ones im looking at arent getting much traffic...but ill keep on, thanks!
MattR
DSR suppliers can be a great source for fasteners, spherical bearings, etc. But my suggestions is not to rely on them too heavily. Pegasus makes lots of stuff at a good price that we're using. www.aircraft-spruce.com is another company along with mcmaster carr for hardware needs. Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.