Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch& acceleration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
will
Why is it that when I depress my clutch pedal the rpm goes much higher (3500 rmp)?
This does not happen all the time, but very frequently. any ideas?
thanks,
will
type47
only "link" i could think of is that the clutch cable and the accelerator cable are tangled. any history of changing either cable that could result in them being fouled?
jasons
agree.gif

Yeah, I bet your accelerator cable is wrapped around your clutch cable.
malaga_red75
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 13 2006, 09:37 AM) *

only "link" i could think of is that the clutch cable and the accelerator cable are tangled. any history of changing either cable that could result in them being fouled?

Just to clarify, he means in the tunnel, in between the seats there is a tunel that houses the cables of the accelerator, cluth and a few others. Mine were tangled too when i replaced my clutch and accelerator cable....didnt grab the accelerator cable like yours but i could feel the cable "grabbing" the other cable

-Peter
Crazyhippy
if you pull the peadl board, you can use a flashlight and mirror to look down the tunnel.

It's not easy (or comfortable, your head ends up resting on the gas pedal essentially) but you can confirm and fix this way.

BJH
dmenche914
more than likely they is wrapped up toward the front of the tunnel, the cables are in seperate tubes until just ahead of the gear shift lever. look in the inspection hole (with small mirror and flashlite) that is near teh peddles, You will need to pull any center counsul, the wood toe board,a nd carpet back to get at it. then look, and feel for the wrap around, unwind it by removing the accel ,linkage and twisting till they is free!!! free free, freee at last said the accel cable!!!

also time to check your tranny ground, just cause in a recent post from another 914'r appears to have the dreaded lack of good tranny ground, causes clutch/accel cable to melt syndrome. you may have no signs of it , however good too check, it might be goin' around.

good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.