Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heavy Duty double sided tape?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
I want to mount my Club Badge on the chrome bumper just to the left of the license plate. I want to use double sided tape, like new car's use to mount emblems, but i'm having trouble finding anything that i'm willing to "trust" is strong enough.

Any idea's, or product suggestions?

Ferg
StratPlayer
Go to your local flaps an pick yourself up some trim tape. That stuff holds real well, that is how I'm gonna mount my club badge. It holds up to the weather well and does the job.
gary gartner

Try the 3-M H D 'Outdoor" style
I got it a so-cal Home Depot
to hold signs on oily surfaced N/C machines
look for a red liner and dark grey tape, real aggressive stuff
beer3.gif
Scott H
3M VHB tape

Type VHB into the `Find' box here:
http://www.mcmaster.com/
Click on either of the two results, then scroll down to the precut shapes.

More info about it here.

Hope that helps.
TROJANMAN

Don't buy anything too permanent, you wouldn't want the badge to get too stuck and go to the new owner.
Ferg
thanks for the info, that 3M stuff sounds like exactly what I need.

Ferg

ps Greg alfred.gif
gary gartner

It might be the same product Scott mentioned,

in a retail package. you won't need 74 yards,
oh wait Ferg, how many cars do you own now????????
av-943.gif
LvSteveH
QUOTE(Ferg @ Nov 13 2006, 01:42 PM) *

Ferg

ps Greg alfred.gif

Shouldn't you just use magnetic tape on the emblem, that way you can just move it from car to car like a dealer plate. I'm planning on velcro myself. biggrin.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Nov 13 2006, 02:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Nov 13 2006, 01:42 PM) *

Ferg

ps Greg alfred.gif

Shouldn't you just use magnetic tape on the emblem, that way you can just move it from car to car like a dealer plate. I'm planning on velcro myself. biggrin.gif

now that you bring up the subject Steve, why don't you have YOUR cars listed in your signiture like everyone else idea.gif blink.gif

Ferg
TROJANMAN
there is a 3 MB limit on signatures
Aaron Cox
chairfall.gif greg
LvSteveH
QUOTE(Ferg @ Nov 13 2006, 01:55 PM) *

now that you bring up the subject Steve, why don't you have YOUR cars listed in your signiture like everyone else idea.gif blink.gif

Ferg

My lawyer says not to answer on grounds that it may incriminate me. ph34r.gif
Crazyhippy
RC car store..."servo tape"

Might pull the chrome off of though....

BJH
Doug Leggins
3M makes an automotive emblem tape. I used it about 2 years ago and it works great. I had to remove and reinstall the side emblems off of a 2003 corvette in order to install decals. I called around and a friendly Chevrolet parts manager informed me of the 3M material. I was able to find it at the local auto body repair supply store. It was a gray tape. It appeared to be the same stuff that the factory used to install the emblems. If you search for 3M automotive emblem tape, you'll find info.

The emblems were easy to remove. I used fishing line to "cut" the original tape. Just had to work the fishing line between the car fender and the emblem. The tape that remained on the fender easily rolled off by pushing it with my fingers. No harm at all was done to the paint by the tape or the fishing line.
PORobinSCHE
QUOTE(Scott H @ Nov 13 2006, 04:29 PM) *

3M VHB tape

Type VHB into the `Find' box here:
http://www.mcmaster.com/
Click on either of the two results, then scroll down to the precut shapes.

More info about it here.

Hope that helps.

Definately go with the VHB. we use alot of it in Disney projects. the tape actually cures and gets stronger when in the sunlight. by then you have to use dynamite to get it off.~
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.