Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Help in the Phoenix Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Quilmes
Just bought an old truck 1969 International Scout, I would like to know if some one in the Phoenix area (zip 85027) could stop by and take a look at it and tell me what it will take to get it running, ( new battery, plugs, gas)?
I am having it ship to Florida but the transporter want’s to charge an extra $600 for a non running vehicle. It's alredy costing $1,184.00

Any help would be great,, I will pay for all the parts and time.
P.S. I know it's not a 914. biggrin.gif

Thanks
Quilmes
Martin
snflupigus
sure... where is it.
MoveQik
Check with JASONS. I believe he has a Scout so he would be a good resource.
Quilmes
QUOTE(snflupigus @ Nov 13 2006, 05:17 PM) *

sure... where is it.

Thanks, this would be a great help, I just want to make sure that if I need to pay the extra $600 it's because It won't run on it's own.

21630 North 9th Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85027

Let me contact the person Brett first to let him know if it's okay for someone to check it out.
I don't have his phone number since he did not want to give it out. I will try to get it.

Just tell me what you need from me I am at 407-832-1334.

Thanks again
Quilmes ( Martin) piratenanner.gif
Attached are a few photos of the Scout.
TravisNeff
That's in the faar north valley. I agree with Jason's being the guy to check it out.
jasons
Guilty as charged, I own a Scout II. I wouldn't be able to get over there 'til the weekend. And, I can only try to do the stupid stuff to get it running. Maybe we'll get lucky with some starting fluid and jumper cables? rocking nana.gif

What is it a 304?

I saw that one on ebay BTW. If I get it runnin' I'm taking that Tombstone plate on the front!

IPB Image
Quilmes
QUOTE(jasons @ Nov 13 2006, 08:47 PM) *

Guilty as charged, I own a Scout II. I wouldn't be able to get over there 'til the weekend. And, I can only try to do the stupid stuff to get it running. Maybe we'll get lucky with some starting fluid and jumper cables? rocking nana.gif

What is it a 304?

I saw that one on ebay BTW. If I get it runnin' I'm taking that Tombstone plate on the front!

IPB Image

Wow I am not the only one.
Jason thanks for the e-mail , a 914 person and Binder at heart.
I also like the orange colored ( possibly ford single seater race car on the wall) Looks like from Bob Bondurant?
The 914club is truly a great club. To have members willing to help out.
I would just like to get it checked out to make sure that the $600 will be well worth the extra charge.
I think it’s a 304 but it has not been run in a few years, maybe all it needs is carb cleaner and battery or just a bond fire and marshmallows ??? Just joking.
I will try to contact the owner and see if he does not mind someone coming to look at it.
I will be getting the title in the mail in a few days.
Also the weekend sounds fine since I am in no great hurry, this Scout will take some work to get it back to road running conditions.

Do you belong to the Binder Bulletin? Have any neat pictures of your Scout in action, you can e-mail me at martin@elgaragetv.net phone 407-832-1334.

Jason thanks again

Quilmes ( Martin)
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
jasons
QUOTE(Quilmes @ Nov 13 2006, 10:01 PM) *

Wow I am not the only one.
Jason thanks for the e-mail , a 914 person and Binder at heart.
I also like the orange colored ( possibly ford single seater race car on the wall) Looks like from Bob Bondurant?
The 914club is truly a great club. To have members willing to help out.
I would just like to get it checked out to make sure that the $600 will be well worth the extra charge.
I think it’s a 304 but it has not been run in a few years, maybe all it needs is carb cleaner and battery or just a bond fire and marshmallows ??? Just joking.
I will try to contact the owner and see if he does not mind someone coming to look at it.
I will be getting the title in the mail in a few days.
Also the weekend sounds fine since I am in no great hurry, this Scout will take some work to get it back to road running conditions.

Do you belong to the Binder Bulletin? Have any neat pictures of your Scout in action, you can e-mail me at martin@elgaragetv.net phone 407-832-1334.

Jason thanks again

Quilmes ( Martin)
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

I am a BinderBulletin member. I don't spend a ton of time there. I spend most of my forum time here. My truck is mostly my "redneck work" truck. I use it for Home Depot, the dump, anything like that. Its fun to throw beer cans out of it also. happy11.gif

The car on the wall is an old Bondurant Formula Ford Chrosley (sp?). I got it at a local swap meet for $35 for garage decor. Thats my old house. I use to own that yellow scout in the background and you can see my old 914 poking in the corner. My Scout has a soft top right now.

Let me know what you find out from your seller. I'll send you my Phone Num and we can figure out what is possible. I can give you a little better idea about what you bought too. Whatever it ends up costing, I'm sure you can't find a mostly rust free Scout 800 with a V8 in FL.
Quilmes
Jason thanks for your help. Your Scout looks great, and yes you can see the 914 smiling in the corner.
Dumb question, is there a train station near Phoenix? I have been told that they can ship for a lot less to Sanford Florida, that's about an hour north of Orlando.
I guess if it can' t get started with a bit of Carb Cleaner and gas and battery then off she goes to the transporter.

I also just got an e-mail from Brett the owener and he does not want to get oin trouble with the landord about someone working and taking a Scout apart on the lot. I told him not to worry, they will only be trying to start it and get it running if it takes more than that it goes on a falt bed/transporter.

To anwer your question about Rust Free Scout in Florida, just like a 914 the RUST IS FREE no additional charge for it...
My wife is going to kill me on this. mad.gif dead horse.gif

Thanks again

Quilmes Martin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.