Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: voltage regulator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Slowpoke
I permanately removed the relay board on my wire harness, (whole wire harness is on my living room floor) I'm looking at a picture of a relay board to determine if I have my voltage regulator wired right. I have the stock wire harness comming from the alternator plugging into the voltage regulator, on the D+ or red wire going to the voltage regulator I crimped on the blue wire from the generator light. Is this right?? I don't see what is exciting the alternator, to get it to charge. Too much GM wrenching time! I know the gen lite is important to the charging system but does it excite the alternator?? I'm pretty close to tearing apart a good relay board to check this out. confused24.gif Which I guess there is no shortage of anyway, but just seems like a waste. I'm sure someone has done something like this before.
Thanks
Peter
Brad Roberts
What are you using for a relay to turn the fuel pump on ??

B
Dave_Darling
You've got the VR wiring right. As for what kick-starts the charging field, it's the "idiot light" bulb.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...roubleshoot.htm

--DD
Slowpoke
I used one of the original four red power wires from the battery to power a new relay. I'm using the rear defog switch on the dash to turn on the relay for the fuel pump. It's a carbed car. I guess it will be kind of an anti-theft for morons kind of deal. cool.gif But mainly, I just like an independent method of controlling the electric fuel pump and I don't want to have any out of place looking switches on the dash. I think it would be easier if the harness was in the car. It is more diffecult when it's in the house and I have to keep what is powering what, straight in my head.
Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.