Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PORSCHE script on engine lid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
1970 Neun vierzehn
My '70/4 has "gold" P-O-R-S-C-H-E letters on the engine lid.

I've seen "silver" letters on a '71.

I've been told that "even" year 914s ('70, '72, '74, '76) had "gold" lettering and that the "odd" years had "silver". I know that later model year cars had the badges on the rear in matte black, but is this even/odd, gold/silver difference a fact or myth?

URY914
Myth. I don't know the exact year (maybe '72) but everything after it was silver.
rjames
Mine is a '75, and it came w/ gold. I think they are the original letters confused24.gif
Pat Garvey
This could be ineresting! One of the few times I agree with "neun v&%$#@"

So....can we see examples from original cars ?
URY914
My 73 had silver. My 72 parts car was gold.

Doesn't mean a damn thing does it.
SirAndy
my '70 /4 had gold letters on the original decklid ...

smile.gif Andy
TJB/914
To my knowledge all (4's & 6's)70's to 72's had gold & 73's to 76's are silver. I would question anything that shows up different. I believe this to be correct for U.S.A. cars. In concours judging competition that's how you would be judged.

Tom
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Nov 15 2006, 09:47 PM) *

To my knowledge all (4's & 6's)70's to 72's had gold & 73's to 76's are silver. I would question anything that shows up different. I believe this to be correct for U.S.A. cars. In concours judging competition that's how you would be judged.

Tom

Right!

That's the correct theme.

BTW, check out the 8-2002 isue of Excellence for the resto article on Tom's 914. Lot's to be learned there & how many of use have had our cars published?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.