Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: offsetting air cleaner on a dual carb/ITB install?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Of the 2 "normal" sizes air filters used on Weber carbs or ITB's, I cannot use the smaller 4.5x7 oval due to it being a tad bit too small (I don't want to modify my air-horns again)....

the 5.5x9 oval will allow clearance, however, there might be firewall (trunk) clearance issues with the additional length.

So if I offset the aircleaner, it would solve my problems..or it might create more due to getting a weird flow pattern...yea/nea???

Click to view attachment
Aaron Cox
i think you need to look into Uni/Pipercross/KN cone filters ... one for each stack....

rick 918-S
I wouldn't think the seat of the pants dyno would register an unfavorable reading. aktion035.gif driving.gif
Crazyhippy
Who needs air cleaners anyways????

Should be fine, not enough of an effect to worry about it.

BJH
SGB
More filter surface = less restriction. I don't think there will be a perceptable difference at all- at least not negative.
So.Cal.914
I have been running it that way for a while but I did not move it as far as your

representation shows. I ovaled the holes 3/8" and mounted it there, clears the

trunk bulkhead and I have not noticed any difference.
McMark
I can't imagine there being much effect. I'm amazed by some of the air filters I see, and what you're proposing doesn't look half as weird.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.