Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket steering wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
faster48
Gentlemen,

I'm a long time lurker that finally has something to say (or ask). I finally found the car I've been looking for after a several year search. I found a rust free 75 1.8 with 38,000 original miles that just runs like a dream, even better than most of the 2.0's that I had looked at.
Anywho, I would like to add a different steering wheel. Which in your opinion is the better option, Grant, Momo, Nardi??? And what adapter will I need?
I just want something a little thicker in my hands than the stock wheel.
Allan
MOMO Prototipo or Pilota. I prefer the Pilota.

Both the wheel and adapter can be found on evilbay for a pretty good price.

welcome.png
PBritain
ive got a momo adapter, dont know the model number off the top of my head, and a red suede sparco monza. im in love with it.
faster48
Thanks for the replies. I'm looking each of them up.
914-8
Grant, Momo and Nardi all use different bolt patterns.

I'd say Momo is the most popular to use on 911 and 914, in fact the factory used a Momo wheel on most of the factory race cars.

Nardi is a high quality wheel too, though.

Grant, don't know much about, other than that's the one they sell at Pep Boys and those kinds of places, and they look cheesy to me (both the wheels themselves, and their hubs).
Chris Pincetich
I have a Dino wheel, small and great feel. The mount pattern looks identical to MOMO, and Dino is Italian like MOMO. I like it but want a MOMO for no gud reason.

Anybody know for sure if the Dino mount pattern is the SAME as MOMO? beerchug.gif
914-8
MOMO, Isotta, Sparco and OMP all use one pattern and can all be interchanged on the same hub.

Nardi, Personal and Dino use one pattern and can all be interchanged.

So, no, the Dino bolt pattern isn't the same as Momo.
faster48
QUOTE(914-8 @ Nov 14 2006, 05:06 PM) *

MOMO, Isotta, Sparco and OMP all use one pattern and can all be interchanged on the same hub.

Nardi, Personal and Dino use one pattern and can all be interchanged.

So, no, the Dino bolt pattern isn't the same as Momo.

msglaigaie
I went with the Prototipo for the history, feel, and the look. Porsche put them in all the factory racers and I followed thier lead. The price can be high if you buy new but good deals can be found out there if you look. Installation was not difficult at all but it was trial and error and error and a couple of beers to get the horn operational.
MSG L
Series9
Welcome.

Momo 8002 adapter. $70ish almost everywhere.

Many, many aftermarket steering wheels fit once the adapter is installed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.