Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellow headlights legal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MattR
I know some 914ers have yellow headlights. Are they legal in CA? Do cops care?

I'm building a GT2 class Le Mans race car that I want to drive on the street rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(MattR @ Nov 14 2006, 01:24 PM) *

I'm building a GT2 class Le Mans race car that I want to drive on the street rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

Definetly not legal but I am seeing it more and more.
Qball
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Nov 14 2006, 02:31 PM) *

QUOTE(MattR @ Nov 14 2006, 01:24 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Definetly not legal but I am seeing it more and more.

Had them on my assdragger for a few years and never got stopped.

dmenche914
bug lights? Might make a yellow traffic lights blend in. i guess the question is why want lights that can eisely identify you from a mile away????
jim_hoyland
Nice thing about the 914 is the headlights are hidden all day. I went with yellow bulbs on the headlights and amber/yellow glass on the foggies.
Aaron Cox
i plan on at least 2 of my lights having amber bulbs...
[quote name='MattR' date='Nov 14 2006, 01:24 PM' post='816404']

biggrin.gif
[/quote

As many others have said..not legal- then it;s legal until one gets stopped for a 'fix' it ticket
jsteele22

Well, I think those used to be the rule in France, or at least they were extremely common. Nowadays you still see them there, but much less often. It's really, really easy to completely overlook an oncoming car with yellow lights - somehow they don't stand out from all the other random lights that are on at night. I can't remember how many times I suddenly gasped at the last second and thought : "Damn ! I didn't even see that one coming !". The other big problem with them : people might think you're French....
turboman808
QUOTE(jsteele22 @ Nov 15 2006, 09:01 AM) *

Well, I think those used to be the rule in France, or at least they were extremely common. Nowadays you still see them there, but much less often. It's really, really easy to completely overlook an oncoming car with yellow lights - somehow they don't stand out from all the other random lights that are on at night. I can't remember how many times I suddenly gasped at the last second and thought : "Damn ! I didn't even see that one coming !". The other big problem with them : people might think you're French....

Yeah I think in 92 when they joined the EU they had to conform to the EU lighting standards.

I kinda like how the LeMans race cars have a amber and a white headlight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.