Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Shout outs and PNW weather
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rand
This crazy Seattle weather....

John: I thought of you because I flew my kites today. The wind on the lake here was INSANE. I broke a spar joint on my three-meter foil (the kite in my avatar). But I got some good air first. And I made some nice trenches in the sand before it broke. Then got the Hawaiian out to finish off my workout.

Kevin E: What are you doing driving your teener in this rain? LOL. I'm pretty sure that was you I saw at the intersection. How have you been in all of this flooding stuff? I know it's been crazy in Carnation. Has your home or commute been affected?

Troy, just when I thought you wouldn't have to wonder if your teener floats... another frickin storm.

Anyone wondering about powerkiting should watch this:
Flexifoil power kite video
VegasRacer
Excellent Rand. aktion035.gif You done good if you can break a spar with the kite in the air. smilie_pokal.gif I enjoy my stack, and the foil and others, but my old Hawaiian is still my favorite for shredding the sky. biggrin.gif

*(I fly 5 in my stack of kites. Where does that put me in the /4 vs. /6 debate?)
Rand
Oh man, John, the Hawaiian was LOUD today. Ripping the sky.

I need to source the brass couplers... The spar is ok, it broke at the joint. When it broke, the kite folded and I fell on my ass. biggrin.gif

Haha... Hey, didn't VW make a 5-cylinder engine? You might make the next debate. biggrin.gif
messix
hey rand, how you doin'. yah this rain and wind chit gets old. i've been out in it all last week and this. thank god for goretex and helly hensen.

what beach did you go to?
914werke
Hey, didn't VW make a 5-cylinder engine?

That was the Audi side of VAG
kevine
QUOTE(Rand @ Nov 15 2006, 01:24 PM) *

This crazy Seattle weather....

John: I thought of you because I flew my kites today. The wind on the lake here was INSANE. I broke a spar joint on my three-meter foil (the kite in my avatar). But I got some good air first. And I made some nice trenches in the sand before it broke. Then got the Hawaiian out to finish off my workout.

Kevin E: What are you doing driving your teener in this rain? LOL. I'm pretty sure that was you I saw at the intersection. How have you been in all of this flooding stuff? I know it's been crazy in Carnation. Has your home or commute been affected?

Troy, just when I thought you wouldn't have to wonder if your teener floats... another frickin storm.

Anyone wondering about powerkiting should watch this:
Flexifoil power kite video

Hey Rand,

Yes, that was me at the intersection in Kirkland on my way to pick up my youngest son from school. When the floods hit Carnation, I could not get home. When the snow hit, I was smart enough to stay home. Here is a picture from my back porch last week. Looking forward to spring time and more Teener Tuesdays.

kevine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.