Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I a concours scofflaw because....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
1970 Neun vierzehn
.....I've substituted 195/60s for the OEM 155s
.....Pedrinis replaced the 4.5" steelies
.....the tail-lights are Euro amber/red
.....I use a LE/SE air dam 'cause it reduces cross-wind susceptibility
.....the s/w is a smaller, thicker diameter replacement

Over the 30+ years of 914 ownership, I've seen some very nice, intelligent 914 mods. I recall a fellow PCA member who had a /6 with some extremely nice, tasteful, subtle louvers stamped in his full rear pan to help dissipate any heat build up. I've seen some mild, "rolling" of the rear fenders that gave the 914 just a trace of muscle in the back. Twin-tipped or centered outlet exhaust treatments also can be enhancements, IMO. I like the car w/o the front side markers, though I wouldn't change my car to remove them. And then there was the hood ornament that Pat and I came upon, mounted proudly on the hood of a 914 barf.gif

Clean is clean, original is original, but a bit of "improvement" is refreshing, distinctive and personal.
Crazyhippy
yes... turn in your q-tips, and join the rest of the outlaws...
914werke
.....I use a LE/SE air dam 'cause it reduces cross-wind susceptibility

AH HA! w00t.gif Its LE not SE and its a smooth finish.
Pat Garvey
Sofflaw, huh? That term implies disdain and contempt. No, I don't believe you are a scofflaw.

Now, as to your aforementioned list of "add-ons"......

Pedrinis? A legitimate factory option. No one will gig you for those.

Euro rear lenses? You have side markers - dead meat for a gig!

Momo (or whatever steering wheel)? - boy, that'll make a judge salivate! More lost points(s).

Tire choice? Depends on the judge. Unless you went to Cocker & ponied up $125-150 per tire for correct 155's, you may as well stay with them - better handling & looks (IMHO). But, at a Parade event, you'll lose points (ask me how I know).

LE air dam? More dead meat at a serious event.

You left out the oval front Euro plate! Mega points loss!

Now, let me do my best Dr. Phil here.
You have ALL of those items because you LIKE the way they look & feel. That's not being a scofflaw, but maybe a form of rationalization, eh?

The nice thing about all of list is that they are bolt-on. So, if you ever decide to go after a significant event, they can be replaced with the originals - you DO have the originals don't you? Though I'd just take the hit for the tires & make up for it somewhere else.

My back is getting better, so I'm getting closer to my normal self, or can't you tell?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.