Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPI Report
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I took a look at this car from the Samaba today for Warren of Wisconsin.

Covina CA

Original Request: Warrenoliver

Attached are some lousy pix from my cell phone.
KaptKaos
2 more
KaptKaos
The car is a 74 1.8. It runs and drives ok, but likely needs a valve adjustment. There also seems to be an exhaust leak as well. I did not go under the car.

The brakes are mushy. They don't grab at all until you are more than 1/2 down the pedal travel. I assume it is the stock master cylinder, but I could be wrong. There are braided steel lines in front. I didn't check the rear.

The car has real 15x6 fuchs with a spare fuch too. The hubs look to have been redrilled for the 5 lugs, as it is using lug bolts, not nuts.

The car is a respray, and the original light blue shows through in the front trunk and engine bay.

There is rust in the rear trunk, and it's perforated so you can see through. The hell hole didn't look too bad, but I couldn't tell for sure. There was a clump of battery gunk ontop of that battery, so I am sure it wasn't that good.

The car had AC at one time and the hoses are still there and run to the front trunk. There is nothing inside the car for the AC any longer.

The interior has been redone and the seats are nicely covered with fabric and its matched on the doors. The door panels have speakers.

There are no sunvisors and the rear view mirror is aftermarket. There is only a driver's side mirror.

The front and rear bumpers are early bumpers and are in decent shape. It has a front spoiler. It's smaller than an LE one.

The car has a slight hesitation at around 3500 rpm and then stops making power around 5000 rpm.

If anyone has any other questions about it, please let me know.

Thanks,
Joe
KaptKaos
Some more:

Paint on the rear trunk has a fade spot on it.

Bubbles on the passenger side front fender top.

Targa top has been sanded and painted smooth.

Good seals on the targa top.
warrenoliver
Joe,

Thanks for taking a look! Great job on your part! I think you really saved my bacon. I was looking for a 2.0 in good shape with little to no rust. Nothing like "eyes on the ground" instead of photos to rely on.

I am still looking for a nice one.

Warren Sterken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.