Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door hinge bolts....finish?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
1970 Neun vierzehn
How are the bolts holding the door hinges on a '70 supposed to be finished? Mine are body colored, with a flat, painted finish. I've seen some later 914s that had a cad finish on them. And I've even seen some that were painted w/a glossy finish. Since I've never waxed, only cleaned these, I don't know if the paint has dulled over the last 36 years or perhaps they came dingy looking from the factory.
SirAndy
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Nov 15 2006, 03:52 PM) *

How are the bolts holding the door hinges on a '70 supposed to be finished? Mine are body colored, with a flat, painted finish. I've seen some later 914s that had a cad finish on them. And I've even seen some that were painted w/a glossy finish. Since I've never waxed, only cleaned these, I don't know if the paint has dulled over the last 36 years or perhaps they came dingy looking from the factory.

body color on my '70. no difference to the rest of the paint, so i'm assuming yours just faded a bit ...
smile.gif Andy
TJB/914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 15 2006, 04:16 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Nov 15 2006, 03:52 PM) *

body color on my '70. no difference to the rest of the paint, so i'm assuming yours just faded a bit ...
smile.gif Andy

Andy is correct.
Door hindge bolts are same as body color (all years). Remember the door hindge pin is yellow di-chromate (see picture).

Tom
Pat Garvey
Painted body color. Q-tip & wax will bring 'em back. Or.....tape floss & toothpaste, with moderate pressure. Works!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.