Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumper Refurb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I've got a few early chrome bumpers that have rust on the backside and mild surface pitting on the money side. I'd like to have them rechromed but don't know much about the process and less about the cost.

First off, any issues or tips I should know before taking these to a plating shop? Should I grind off the rust or leave it to the plater? What should I insist on to get a quality job as far as underplating and prep?

Anyone in So Cal area recommend a shop or want to share what a "driver" replate job should cost per bumper. Not looking for concurs.

Kev
bottomend
I just happened to be driving down the street the otherday and passed a place with a great bit huge sign that said ' RE CHROMING" out front. It was near the intersection of Florence and Central in LA. On Florence, west of Central on the south side of the street. Good luck and PM when you get this work done. I need to do the same thing...
kconway
Anyone?
orange914
QUOTE(kconway @ Nov 16 2006, 05:34 PM) *

Anyone?

call me OLD but when we had to have my son (kenny's) front bumper replated i got real bad sticker shock as i havent done any chrome done for 20 years icon8.gif
i found here in ca. you'll pay $700 average. i did however find a place in so. cal. called "bumper boyz". exchange was about $350- i have no idea of quality.
jim_hoyland
Kevin,

Call Specialized Coatings in Huntington Beach @ 714-901-2628. Ask who they recommend.
SC is a very good powder/ceramic coater with good prices and always performs on time. Great group that works there, you can rely on them

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.