Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fox rear shocks w/reservoir...opinions?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dekman
Have leaking carrera rear shocks and have heard Fox shocks are good(was told that have similar design to Motons). Anyone with knowledge/experience I would love to hear about it......Thanks! idea.gif
Aaron Cox
hide the resevoirs in the rear trunk smile.gif

get the matching fronts
So.Cal.914
Ran them on my TRX and they worked well.
Joe Ricard
Wish I could get those. Not sure I would get much faster than revalved Koni's. Because my driving is so inconsistant I wouldn't know the difference.
Jeroen
Can't you just have your Carrera's rebuild?
(IIRC, they are called QA1 now)
Joe Ricard
I was looing at the QA-1 shocks. what length is best for a lowered car?
is there a part number that designates the mounting configuration.
race914
You've probably already seen this, but just in case, product info & article in Excellence from Smart Racing Products

I've 'heard' good things, but have no data or first hand experience.

I'll be interested in what others in the club have to say!

QUOTE(dekman @ Nov 15 2006, 10:52 PM) *

Have leaking carrera rear shocks and have heard Fox shocks are good(was told that have similar design to Motons). Anyone with knowledge/experience I would love to hear about it......Thanks! idea.gif

Aaron Cox
rob,

show us your 'carrera/QA1" shocks
Crazyhippy
I've had really good experiances w/ Fox shocks, but on Baja trucks, never anything like your car...

Always nice to deal w/ though

BJH
Brad Roberts
Craig Watkins (Smart Racing Products) worked for FOX back in the day developing shocks for them. FOX hired away a Moton guy way back...

I would run them, but I would NO idea were to start on the valving.

I would actually call Craig and ask him were to start. He is the lead team engineer for the Flying Lizard ALMS GT3RSR's

He also happened to cut his teeth in 914's back in the 80's

I think he still has a 914 on his property up near Santa Rosa.

B
dekman
Spoke with Craig yesterday....very knowledgeable. Has suggestions about dampening, set up, pressures, etc. My 82 carreras are old school relating to design. He eventually recommended doing the fronts too(RSR struts - no comparsion to new Fox or Motons). He stated gives a decent street ride too(springs <300lbs). Saving up....will let you know. bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.