Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You Know This V8?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
For those that might know this car please let me know your thoughts on it.

thanks...........b

Gold V8

Andyrew
Sorry, nope.

BUT that is the cleanest install/package I have ever seen.I would NOT hesitate to buy that. That would be an awesome daily driver.
Scott-thundercat
never seen it, but if you wanted i could go meet him and get some more pics for you...
Bruce Allert
Scott, that would be great of you however I don't need anymore photos. Go take a look and let me know if it is as good as the pics say it is.

.thanks

........b
boxstr
Bruce What does it have for brakes?? It is probably a Rod Simpson or KEP adapter. The early ones had problems with the TO Brg and the clutch assy. I did on the red car. Call me today @12.
CCLINV8ORNO8
Ferg
I like drooley.gif

Ferg.
dmenche914
from the photo, can't judge the V8 install, just see a hole in the bumper, no word on rust, needs a on site inspection before purchase, may be fine, maybe junk, need more info.

good luck

Note I have come across soome pretty cars, that mechanically, or rust wise were junkers, so look closely.
Aaron Cox
id make it a 4 again smile.gif

too nice for a v8
Mueller
very nice car, he was at the 1st annual WCC up in Reno.

I want to say that the owner mentioned that the car was the one of the 1st 914 V8's built by Rod Simpson
Mueller
centercaps say "Borbet", I think those are really Revolutions with a Borbet cap....
neo914-6
very clean, do you know what the reserve is?

This car was featured in a 1974 issue of Road and Track magazine.
anyone know which month R&T, the article may tell more...
Bruce Allert
I'm looking for a 5 lug conversion also. The spare shows 4 lug so the wheels may be non converted. Also may be stock braking system. Not totally sure.

.......b
andys
If the bugs are all worked out, it's a solid running car, and the tub is relatively rust free, then it appears to be an excellent car to add your own personal touches and upgrades. Can't duplicate it for that kind of money.

Andys
Scott-thundercat
i'll email him and see if i can look at it- see if he'll give me a ride to tell what kind of condition mechanically it's in.... i'll keep u posted
Bruce Allert
Good job buddy, thanks
........b
byndbad914
wow, I have to admit that is an incredibly clean looking 914!! The overall execution on the V8 install looks alright - little things like draped wiring, a sideways fill tank, and so forth are really easy to clean up. Take the time to clean up the execution and I agree that would be one of the nicest V8 cars out there. Maybe knock the dent out of the oil pan biggrin.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Nov 16 2006, 09:51 AM) *

I'm looking for a 5 lug conversion also. The spare shows 4 lug so the wheels may be non converted. Also may be stock braking system. Not totally sure.

.......b

perfect canidate for the billet 4-lug hubs to utilize 911 vented rotors and calipers smile.gif
Scott-thundercat
okay it's at a dealership here in town- i'll see if i can swing by real quick tommorow morning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.