Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Computer gurus
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
OK, dumbo lost his mobile and had to get another. Advice from my daughter, get with the program and buy a Razr. Really like all the features, megapix camera, video, data storage but...

The thing is 'locked'. Plug in a USB cable and Windows recognizes, but asks to insert CD for software. It didn't come with same and Verizon won't provide it. So to get a picure off the camera, I have to message it to my email (another charge).

Went on the web and downloaded a free trial unlocker but it didn't like this vendor exclusive model V3m. Not really a huge deal, but sure would like to use all the features. Ideas?
Aaron Cox
howard.. i bought the 'CD' you need on ebay. havent tried to 'unlock' it yet...

you trying to use motorola phone tools program?

AA
Howard
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Nov 16 2006, 08:50 AM) *

howard.. i bought the 'CD' you need on ebay. havent tried to 'unlock' it yet...

you trying to use motorola phone tools program?

AA

Great minds think alike biggrin.gif
picked up the 'Mobile Office Kit' from Verizon, does let you access and synch outlook, but nothing for the pix. Just saw that $12.95 thing on ebay. Is this what you got?
Hacker

Carlitos Way
If I'm not mistaken, Verizon is the only carrier that locks up the full functionality of the Razr. They're not the best when it comes to customer service IMHO, but then again, they're all thieves (IMHOA).

I can't wait for my contract to expire with them!
1bad914
I agree, they all suck, I have threatened to leave Nextel for years, but everytime I start looking I get that greasy used car salesman feeling from the other companies, so I stay!

Sorry can't help with your razr question, just thought I would *itch a little! smile.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Nov 16 2006, 09:13 AM) *

If I'm not mistaken, Verizon is the only carrier that locks up the full functionality of the Razr. They're not the best when it comes to customer service IMHO, but then again, they're all thieves (IMHOA).

I can't wait for my contract to expire with them!

Yup, they're the only one that locks it. Reason given: you could mess it up and get free access to web. BFD. But other than that, service has been pretty good and they are one of the few that delivers decent signal at my house.
Crazyhippy
I have a copy of Motorola Phone tools if you need it...

Also have a cingular phone :-D and no problems
Aaron Cox
howard- i had success unlocking my phone today.

took some work and some *p2p downloading.....

ill try and find a blank disc.
scruz914
Howard,

Check out these sites. More than you want to know to make a Verizon Razr "normal", or even better than normal. They are in no particular order. Some of it gets pretty deep. Pretty cool stuff though. No matter what, only use a Hex editor if you edit any of the phone's files.

Customizing the Motorola Vxxx - A Guide to Hex Editing

Hack the Razr Guides List Seem Edits

Motrola - HowardForums Wiki

Verizon V3c Hacking

Jeff
wutzu
QUOTE(scruz914 @ Nov 17 2006, 01:13 AM) *

Howard,

Check out these sites. More than you want to know to make a Verizon Razr "normal", or even better than normal. They are in no particular order. Some of it gets pretty deep. Pretty cool stuff though. No matter what, only use a Hex editor if you edit any of the phone's files.

Customizing the Motorola Vxxx - A Guide to Hex Editing

Hack the Razr Guides List Seem Edits

Motrola - HowardForums Wiki

Verizon V3c Hacking

Jeff

piratenanner.gif Thanks Scruz! I just got a razr, and was wondering why it wasn't copacetic with my computer.
Howard
Super, Jeff. Thanks. I was just trying to get the PC to recognize the Razr to transfer pix from the camera function.

This looks like enough info to turn the phone into an MFI biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.